"Soon, Moren, but not yet." Yeran folded his elbows on the table, lacing his fingers together to look at him above them. A barely there smirk adoring his lips.

Moren felt a shiver run down his spine at the feral look in his master's eyes.

"If that is all your highness, may I be permitted to leave?" Moren asked, slightly uncomfortable. For all he trusted his highness with his life, Yeran is dangerous when he comes into moods as this.

"Yes, thank you Moren, have a day of rest, it is far too late now and let me have the reports of your last mission tomorrow and leave next day."
Though Yeran was demanding, he was also not ignorant of his employee's being.

"Thank you, your highness, Have a good night," Moren rose with a bow.

Yeran waved him off with a nod.

"Ah, Moren," Yeran called, just as Moren layed his hand on the door handle.

"Yes, your highness?" He turned around questioningly.

"Have a massage sent to the Dracon squad, have them on the standby to be deployed at any notice"

Moren's brows drew close, suddenly aware that there are many cards at play than that his highness let know of.

"Yes, your highness," he nodded, knowing better than to question Yeran.

Just as the door opened, the four standing guard at Yeran's door hastily looked away, following the thought, 'out of sight, out of mind'. All of them knowing the late night visitors of Prince Yeran being none of their business.

¤¤¤

'Exactly how much are you hiding from me and exactly how much truth are you saying?'

Yeran questioned in his mind, urging Ruth on with cross questions and shows of sympathy.

He mentally tallied the points Moren had found out, and what Ruth is saying, there were some that Moren had failed to find out, 'The Demon of Dilhevia' being one such phrase. Yeran catalogued for it to be searched more thoroughly.

Ruth had omitted the point of him and Aki being close to the point of being attached at the hip at their younger days, only to have more and more falling outs as they grew older, before finally having the massive break off around when they reached sixteen or seventeen of ages, Moren not being able to find the exact time line.

'It seems as if you are telling me the truth Prince Ruth, and you have prooved that you can be trusted, and yet, I have not lived so far without developing a healthy amount of mistrust, so, do forgive me for having my doubts.' Yeran thought.

¤¤¤

"I cannot believe your father sent me an assassin wrapped in glitter as a husband!" He joked, when in reality it was Ruth he was questioning,

Yeran had oscillated between being surprised and not at all, hearing Moren say that his new interest is not only a warrior but a trained assassin as well. Surprised, at King Dilherra being so bold, turning one of his own children into a weapon and, not at all, knowing how silent Aki is as a norm and seeing those moves that night. He almost snorted remembering how Aki said that he is unwilling to kill an animal when his hands are already dripping with blood.

He knew Moren had to overturn the very ground Dilhevia was built on just to unearth the fact of Aki being as assassin, it being as closely guarded secret as it was. But he still did not know that work had earned his dearest husband a title so grand. There still were secrets they were not willing to part with.

He listened to Ruth explaining how there was no ulterior motives in choosing Aki as the Consort and could see a logic in his words, but he wasn't as willing to trust anyone with just some reassurances.

He nodded, smiling, pulling on a mask of understanding.

'Let's see how this game play out, I haven't even started bringing my star players to the court yet.' He thought silently.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Yeran

Yeran

.
.
.
.
.

Hey,

As a story which was supposed to end within 20 chapters at the beginning, this thing has grown into a monstrosity that even I do not have a control of anymore. Hopefully it won't be a behemoth that bore you to death.

See you,

Arkhane.

P. S. : This will definitely not end in 20 chapters.

P. S. S. : It's alive! It's alive!! It's alive..!!! Muhahahaha.....!!!!!!