wanna make out?

Cater swallowed hard. Yep. Okay. Nope. That did not sound horrifying at all. He was pretty sure he'd already capped out on awkwardness for the day back in Idia's room and outside in the sunset, but now they were stuck in the Ignihyde kitchen together until Ortho could let them out?

SOS!

Maybe he could text Trey? Or Riddle? Someone who could bail him out? Drop him a "Get Out of Jail Free" card and open the door from outside? Ugh, but then Cater remembered that Idia had said that there was some weird malfunctioning with the locks. This was probably an only-an-Ignihydian-can-fix-it thing.

Biting his lip and not knowing what else to do, Cater hopped onto the lone empty kitchen counter and whipped out his phone, hoping the time would go by faster if he watched a bunch of Magicam reels. Could he talk to Idia in this dark room instead? Yeah ... but the absolute truth of the matter that Cater had only realized just then was that ... talking to Idia was not like talking to his best Discord buddy, no matter how much he tried to convince himself otherwise. It shoulda been, 'cause they were the same person, but it wasn't. Idia was more difficult than shroudedinidiocy, and he seemed incapable of holding a regular conversation.

But as he idly scrolled through his Magicam feed, Cater noticed Idia huddling in the corner all by himself. Cater recalled that Idia had said that he hadn't brought his phone to the kitchen, and he seemed to be missing his tablet as well. And without his electronics, he didn't seem to have anything to do as he and Cater waited for Ortho.

Cater put his own phone down and without realizing it, began to stare at Idia. He looked incredibly bored, and his gaze was blank. He wondered, for only a second, if he should maybe strike up a convo, but honestly? Cater wasn't sure he wanted to terrify the guy with the prospect of socialization; Idia just never seemed up for it. Cater didn't entirely mind, y'know, though. If he'd said it once, he'd said it a billion times: peace and quiet wasn't totally mid. And besides, sitting in the dark, not talking? That was a total vibe! Somehow.

And so, the two of them sat in complete and utter silence until a very shrill noise sliced the quiet like Trey's serrated knife through a chestnut tart. Speaking of Trey, Cater stifled a smile when he noticed where the noise was coming from.

Idia, who had resorted to sitting down and hugging his knees, shot up, eyes wide. "Wh—what's that sound?"

"D-W about it, my dude," Cater assured him as he closed the offending alarm notification on his phone, causing the noise to promptly shut off. He grinned. "Just a nightly alarm Trey made me set up so I don't forget to brush my teeth."

"H—he ... makes you set an alarm so that you don't forget to brush your teeth?" Idia asked. Quietly, he added, scoffing, "Who does that?"

"Yeahhh, he gets pretty intense about stuff like dental care and all that junk," Cater replied, taking note of Idia's scoff and snarky remark. Just when he had given up on Idia being anything like shroudedinidiocy, Idia went and did something that was exactly like him.

Pulling out his phone, Cater opened up his Discord DMs to a conversation he and shroudedinidiocy had had a few months ago.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

shroudedinidiocy 2/05/2022 12:43 PM
wait wait
Lemme get this straight
Ur prof got mad at u bc u were on ur phone during class and were being disruptive??

notJustGirls 2/05/2022 12:43 PM
yeah duh
he made me stay behind so he could lecture me
totally rude right????

shroudedinidiocy 2/05/2022 12:44 PM
pfft
that guy
who does that?