Stars In The Sky [IkeVamp]

Start from the beginning

"Leave me alone!!" She yelled, seeing them start to descend the other side of the fence.

"I want to help you, Y/N! Please, we can talk this out!! I'll help you get up here, please!! I want you to put your faith in me again!"

The wind blew all the hollow promises away and she stepped away to another person's window. She held on tight to the building for support and felt the tears build up.

She wanted to cry. She wanted to see him again and hear his voice. But she went back. Would they ever cross paths again? She didn't hold onto the possibility. But she didn't forget.

She didn't forget the way he looked at her. She didn't forget the way he laughed. She didn't forget the way his eyes sparkled when they locked eyes in the morning, or when they spent time together during her trips to town.

She would never forget. Would he?

.... . / .-- .- ... / .... . .-. / --. ..- .- .-. -.. .. .- -. / .- -. --. . .-.. .-.-.-

.... . / .. ... / .- .-.. .-- .- -.-- ... / .-- .- - -.-. .... .. -. --. .-.-.-

Tonight was no different.

He saw everything.

Partially due to the fact that she was now standing outside his hotel window. He had been reading a book with the radio playing one of Bach's pieces when he saw a panicked silhouette over the curtains. He heard muffled voices and perked up when he heard her.

Rushing to the window, he unlatches it and slides it to the side. She was taken by surprise and stiffened, but yelped when he wrapped his arm around her waist to pull her in. He shut the window immediately after she made it through safely.

"Who..." she trailed off. He smiled softly as he locked the window and drew the curtains closed.

"It's been a while, Y/N. Care to share? Details of your current predicament, of course. I do intend to fulfill my lifelong duty and promise to you, should your pursuer prove to be a threat to your life." He leads her away from the window and his eyes are gleaming.

He envelopes her into a hug, saying softly, "I do mean that, and I won't take 'no', or 'it's nothing' as answers."

Her eyes flit uneasily around the room and she shakes her head.

"So you made a deal with this demonic spawn?"

"[Name] isn't demonic!"

"Well, that hellspawn drove you up a few notches and then some."

"Again, [Name] isn't some demon or spawn of one!" He rolls his eyes.

"I'm not sure what you mean. Y/N, this person you've made a deal with doesn't have to be nice to you."

"Oh, like you?"

"Y/N-" he cuts himself off and tenses. "Come here, I heard something."

"Do you think [Name]'s here already on this floor..?"

"I daresay I am."

[YBC] turned around quickly only to be met with a few seat cushions to the face.

"Y/N, I just wanted us to talk. Alone. You understand that, right, [YBC]?"

"That name is not mine, he died long ago."

"Did he? Please refresh my memory, [YBC]."

"Just stay away. I won't hurt you if you turn back now. But I don't know about the beast you know rages within us both. Will it be willing to accept such a compromise?"

They smiled. "I'm afraid I don't abide by these harsh rules that have no purpose. Unlike you, I'm busy fulfilling my true purpose!"

"Yeah?" He says tauntingly. "What would that be? Spitting water into a raging flame war you can't win?"

"Who said anything about wanting to win the war, [YBC]?"

Your eyes widened.

"What are you getting at, [Name]?"

Their eyes shone with a dangerous light. Their teeth sparkled brightly in the warm light that now felt warmer than before.

And they lunged forward.

----

-End-

Author's Note: Hey there, everyone! I just wanted to add to this book. It's been a while, hasn't it? In any case, there's a part two to this segment with [YBC]'s reactions and such.

Thanks for sticking by this long, and I hope you're all staying healthy and safe out here in the world!! ♡♡

See you in the next chapter!