Chapter 15: Blue Lock Vs Japan U-20

Start from the beginning

Ego: Let's talk about the Miracle Equation. The phenomena called Flow. That which is indispensable to becoming the best striker in the world. I'll teach you how to set your life ablaze. It is what man obtains through optimal experience. The state of total immersion. When a person focuses on something, they can get so absorbed in their work, that they don't even notice the passage of time.

Azure: 'Is he basically talking about getting in the Zone?'

Ego: The moment you broke out of your shells after coming here, you must have experienced it. A moment in which you put your everything in a play.

Ryu: 'Flow... I haven't really noticed many times before, but I understand what he's talking about completely.'

Ryu remembered two times where he had made almost superhuman plays out of nowhere.

Ryu: 'Back when I first used Dragon Strike... And that moment in the World 5 Game when I briefly ascended to their level. Hell I might've experienced it during some of my gaming sessions.'

As Ego began to explain what the skill was and how to enter it in further detail, Ryu slowly started to understand the mechanics more.

Azure: 'It's not exactly something you can will yourself to do. You've gotta find something that challenges you, but doesn't make you super anxious. And in that case...'

Many people had a similar thought.

Ryu: 'Facing off against the U-20 Team definitely can get someone to enter Flow. I can easily get lost in my own game with that in mind.'

Ryu grinned, as his eyes glowed.

Ryu: 'I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of devouring each and every one of their players.'

TIME SKIP!!

Much time had passed, as the day of the Blue Lock vs U-20 game had arrived.

Ryu: 'Man, it feels so weird now. Putting on an actual Team Uniform for a game outside of Blue Lock.'

Ryu pulled gloves onto his hands, before tying his shoes.

Azure: I almost forgot man.

Azure put on a single arm sleeve, looking at Ryu.

Azure: This is gonna be your Striker Debut. Try not to fuck up, or the rest of us will look like chumps.

Ryu: -_-

Azure: Just kidding. Like you've ever cracked under a games pressure.

Ryu only smirked when hearing this.

Ryu: Let's kick ass.

The players all prepared walked out. When they did, they saw the entirety of the U-20 Team. Ryu's eyes specifically landed on Sae.

Ryu: Long time no see, Sae.

Sae: ... Ryu. Are you just gonna do what you usually do in a game?

Ryu: You wish.

Azure walked up to Keith, as the two stared each other down.

Keith: Azure Kaito right? It's too bad those idiots on the JFE didn't send you a request sooner.

Azure: Good thing they didn't. Now I get to really become Japan's best Striker.

Keith smiled hearing Azure's confidence. Soon enough, the players went onto the field, with the crowd overwhelmingly cheering for the U-20 team. Ryu closed his eyes, taking everything in.

Ryu: *Sniff*

Azure: Enjoying this too?

Ryu: Yeah. This is a feeling I could get used to.