Chapter 10: Solitary Soccer

When last we left, Ryu had blocked the clear path Isagi's direct shot.

Isagi: 'Damn, Ryu really did see it! Oh well, I've gotta try anyway!!'

As the ball came to Isagi, he felt another presence nearby, looking back to see Rin.

Isagi: 'Rin?!! You're kidding!! Even though I broke away perfectly... He still managed to keep up too!'

Rin put a hand on Isagi's shoulder as he went further ahead.

Isagi: 'HE'S GONNA BLOCK MY SHOT!! With both of these two here... It's impossible!'

The ball got closer, as it seemed that Isagi wouldn't be able to score.

Isagi: 'I can't beat them...!!!'

...

Isagi: 'GOTTEM.'

Ryu: '... Why do feel like we're back in the 2010's?'

Isagi kicked, as he faked a shot, shocking everyone on the pitch.

Isagi: 'FOOLED YOU GENIUS!!! Sure, I definitely would fail if I shot from here, but that means you had to step out for my last shot!! And while Ryu's stunned, he'll react too late!!'

With Rin finally having stepped out, Isagi raised a leg.

Isagi: 'You both got here in time, to see my TRUE last action!! When you least expect it-'

Isagi kicked the ball with the back of his heel while he was turned away from the goal, as it bounced past both Rin and Ryu.

Isagi: 'MY DIRECT BACK HEEL!!!!'

The Blue Lock Man was slightly too late, as the ball hit the net. Everyone watching couldn't believe their eyes, with Ryu

Score: 4-4

Nagi: He's the savior of soccer.

Bachira: Isagi...

Isagi: 'It worked like a charm!! I devoured you both in one go!!!'

Isagi looked at the stunned prodigies.

Isagi: 'And I will surpass the two of you!!!'

Ryu still tried to process what had just happened, before shaking his head. He opened his eyes, as they went slitted.

Ryu: Screw it, not thinking about it anymore.

Azure: That's the spirit. He can't just let him score a goal that ridiculous and get away with it.

Rin: ... All of you... Bring out everything you've got left, or die trying...

Rin looked up with a blue glow in his eyes.

Rin: The Final Goal will be mine.

Azure: Not on your life. I'm taking it for myself.

Ryu: I wanna finish off the game with a Hat Trick, so I guess it's whoever's got the best shot, or whoever wants it...

All three boys glowed in fierce auras.

Ryu: Takes it for themselves.

Bachira watched, not knowing how to respond.

Bachira: 'It feels... Like they're getting farther and farther away.'

Azure kicked the ball to Ryu, as they all ran forward.