Chapter 4: The General

Naruhaya: Th-There's no way that just happened right? How can someone just make a crazy goal from out there immediately after shaking a defender with a dribble move!!

Ryu: Now you all see. That's one of Japan's best Strikers right now.

The shot replayed in Ryu's mind.

Ryu: 'Except that was a meter more than his usual range. Azure's somehow improved even more since coming to Blue Lock.'

Team Z were at the kickoff, as Ryu was passed the ball.

Ryu: 'It's whatever. This gives me a chance to test that second skill out.'

Ryu ran forward, as members of Team V prepared to Double Team him.

Ryu: 'I'm not going for a solo run on this one.'

He stopped, passing the ball to Bachira.

Bachira: 'Oooh, this pass feels like it has something extra too it! It feels great!'

Bachira began to dribble in front of a player, before getting a nutmeg through.

Azure: 'Meguru Bachira. He's the best Dribbler on Team Z, and that's saying something considering Ryu's involved.'

Zantetsu ran forward to Bachira, nearly catching the boy off guard.

Bachira: Man, if Ryu didn't exist I might've actually been fazed by you specs!

Zantetsu: What are you-?

Bachira passed the ball behind Zantetsu, with Ryu there to get it.

Zantetsu: You really are faster than me!!

Ryu was focused, looking around.

Ryu: 'Shook off the defenders with speed, so next is the big play.'

Ryu dribbled up the field, as soon enough, once he was at the Penalty Arc, Azure was there to defend.

Azure: 'No goals for you buddy.'

Ryu: 'Thanks for making it easy for me Azure. With you here, that means no one's marking the real attacker.'

Ryu passed again, with the intention of someone else scoring.

Ryu: 'Here you go, Isagi.'

Isagi had entered the penalty box, with Azure smirking.

Azure: 'Not gonna happen Ryu. If you didn't notice, Reo's close enough to block the shot when the ball hits the ground.'

Ryu smirked, seeing Reo going forward.

Ryu: 'I'm insulted Azure. You know as well as I do that I pass for people to score more often than not.'

Isagi: 'Now, it's time for you all to see exactly what I can do!!'

A green aura surrounded Isagi, as he prepared to shoot.

Ryu: 'Purple hair isn't gonna have the time to catch up to the future both Isagi and I have seen. Not with this.'

Isagi kicked the ball while it was in mid air, as it went straight towards the goal.

Ryu: 'Isagi's Direct Shot.'

Score: 1-1

Reo: W-What the hell?!!

Nagi: They've got someone who can pull off ridiculous stuff like that?

Azure looked at the smirking Ryu.

Azure: 'Ryu...'

Azure looked back at the first pass he made to Bachira.