8: Blood Falling Out From Your Nose

Start from the beginning

A bit startled, Blondie slightly jumbled her last word on the page after writing their bucket list for the day.

Egg someone's house

Walk on the beach; feet in the ocean water

Blondie was only startled because Lia came up from behind, sitting down with her at the outside table with two cups of tea and sugar packets in her robe pockets.

"Sleep well?" Lia questioned, setting the tea down in front of the blonde one.

"I did, actually. I'm starting to sleep better, finally."

"You didn't sleep well before?"

"No... I had been yanked out of my sleep almost every night for the past two years. I would have nightmares and then wake up into them as well."

"You sleep better because you feel safe with me and you trust me?"

Blondie looked down and smiled to herself, nodding and looking back up the big round eyes that Lia had. "I do."

Lia returned the contentful smile and glanced down at the drawing.

"You have a great hand, did you take art in school?"

Blondie loved the way Lia spoke so mild-mannered and elegantly. She did it naturally, which was the most beautiful she had ever seen.

"I was pretty artsy in high school. That and I'm a tattoo artist, remember?" Blondie teased.

They both chuckled, "It's early, so my memory tends to be impaired." Lia admitted softly. "Oh- egg someone's house. We're at this one already? I was excited for this one. Yours are the crazier ones and mine seem boring."

"Yours are not boring. They're beautiful."

Blondie learned that Lia was a person who had never learned to love herself. She hates herself first before she praises anything about herself. Blondie had to change this mindset.

"So, todays a beach day that we're ending with egging someone's house... we should get Carl's Jr for dinner!" Blondie recommended. She knows how to fuck up a burger and could teach Lia well.

"What about In-and-out?" Lia suggested, it's a popular place she was never allowed to eat from. Though she never had Carl's Jr either.

"Omo... Lia. You should have recommended that on our first day, with how long the lines are, we would have gotten our food on day ten, but now it'll be too late!" Blondie teased, but she didn't completely shut down Lia's idea, "We'll get it for tomorrow's dinner. A really late diner to miss the crowds. Sound good?"

Lia smiled big and nodded, she loves how Blondie never leaves out her desires. Another reason why she always feels so shiny around her.

Together, they got ready for the beach, wearing the swim suits they bought the night before and clothing to wear over it until they got there. They arrived at Santa Monica beach in the early afternoon since they heard this beach gets crowded in the morning.

They easily found a spot, okay, maybe using the word 'easily' is not true. But they found one quicker than they thought. While groups had umbrellas to shade themselves, Blondie and Brownie didn't get one. They planned to tan first.

Sitting down on the towels they brought, they put down their bags and took off their casual clothes to reveal their bikinis. Lia's was dark blue and sunset pink. The contrast went well with her fair skin. And Blondies was all black.

People stared minimally at the women with bruises all over their bodies, wondering what happened to them. But neither of them cared or even noticed.

"Do my sunscreen?" Blondie asked of Brownie when she was done applying it to the parts she could get on her own. Lia was quick to nod and take the bottle of SPF 50 from Blondie's hand.