| Chapter One | Bloodstone |

WARNING: Violence/Gore, Murder, Sexual Harrassment/Assult, Strong Language, Use of Drugs. This chapter is not suitable for audiences under 18. Continue at your own risk.

-------------------

It was his first night in the Onchorion, O.R, the capital of Elkharin. Estel awakened from his light slumber, stretching her arms and legs, and proceeded with her usual morning routine. He walked over to her wardrobe and pondered his choices; she had an interview with the Guild in a few hours. He could wear a fancy suit, or a dress, however the train station was half an hour away from her location, and it was highly impractical to walk around in such clothing. Estel spent a few more minutes considering his options before unhooking a fossil-grey hoodie and a short inky dress with long sleeves, as well as some matching grey leggings from his drawers. He found a pair of knee-high black boots with snow white fur along the top, and chestnut laces running down to the ashen toe caps; next to it, a golden necklace, hanging down to her chest, with a moon emblem dangling at the end. While putting on the necklace, he spotted grey arm-warmers, and decided to wear them to add to the Autmn-like look the outfit was giving.

He stood in his full-length mirror and began to change, forgetting completely about the pain she used to feel while doing this. The dread he always felt whenever she even saw his own face, the depression he thought would be everlasting. He smiled warmly as his fingertips brushed softly against the scars on his chest. The memory of other scars he had created on her own all those decades ago had clouded when he was in that hospital bed, awaiting the doctors...

Enough reminiscing. After putting on the outfit, Estel decided to go to the clothes and accessory shop she had seen around the corner. This outfit was missing something vital, and after around ten minutes of searching he had found it. A black velvet choker, with two thin silver chains draped at the front, meeting in the middle and dangling a polished ruby heart over his collarbone. He paid for it and instantly put it on, admiring it in one of the hand mirrors on the counter. It contrasted beautifully with his skin.

Across the street, Estel spotted a small cute café

Across the street, Estel spotted a small cute café. Hardly anyone was in there, and Estel hadn't eaten yet, so she thought it would be a clever idea to stop by and kill some time. She ordered his food - just a sandwich and a coffee - which took fifteen minutes to get to her, despite how empty the café and small the order was. Estel spent around thirty minutes eating her sandwich, and half-way through his coffee he spied a library only five minutes from the café. Therefore, he picks up the coffee cup and, without bothering to tip, left through the stained-glass doors.

The library was a large and old building, made mainly out of dark oak wood. However, despite being so large, not many people were inside; most people don't read anymore - they just listen instead, though that was still hardly the case. He searched desperately for the book; no shelf was left unseen, no chairs or beanbags left unturned, no tables or desks left untouched. He sighed and briskly walked over to the familiar librarian, an old black teifling lady.