Epilogue

Ransom – (One Month Later)~

Christ on The Cross, everyone was fucking pregnant, and Dotti's Darlings couldn't keep enough shit in stock for ten pregnant females. Granted, had the Colters not been worth millions, the store might have been okay, but since they were, Dotti's was being cleaned out of all the good stuff nearly every week.

There was also the fanatic race to give Mr. Colter his first granddaughter, and just to make the whole town crazier than it already was, everyone had decided against finding out the sex of the babies early. Personally, I was convinced that the women of the family had been the ones to concoct that madness just to punish us, and I really meant us. Mr. Colter had made it clear that we were all family, so even if he got all grandsons from his biological sons, if one of us Campions had a girl, then he would automatically consider her his first granddaughter. When Mr. Colter had made that announcement, it'd been clear as day why this town treated him like royalty. He was definitely one of the good ones, and only Nadine Colter being with us would make life better.

I knocked on the door. "Are you done in there?"

"It's only been a month, Ransom," Bexley called out. "I seriously doubt that-"

"Just pee on the goddamn stick, woman," I growled, not wanting to hear any of her negativity.

Yeah, I knew biology just as well as the next person, and I also knew that the chances of Bexley being pregnant were slim because she'd only stopped taking her pills a month ago, but I was still hopeful. Not only did I want Bexley tied to me for life through marriage and our children, I also didn't want to be the only couple that wasn't pregnant.

The sound of the doorknob turning had me stepping back a bit to let Bexley through, the white stick in her hand.

"So?"

She glanced back at me as she made her way towards the bed. "Jesus, Ransom," she huffed. "How do you think this thing works?"

I walked over to her, waving the package in my hand. "It's says that all you have to do is pee on the damn thing."

"Yes," she replied like I was slow. "However, after that, we have to wait a couple of minutes for the results."

I sat down on the bed next to her. "Well, that's bullshit," I complained. "Do you know how long two minutes are to find out if your life is changing or not?"

"I'm aware," she muttered, probably tired of my hovering, but she'd get over it in time.

Sitting quietly, waiting for the stick to tell us something, I asked, "Are you going to want to find out the sex before the birth?"

"I always thought that I'd want to, but there's something exciting about being surprised," she replied. "I mean, as long as the baby is healthy, I really don't care about the sex."

"Is it crazy that I want to have a little girl for Mr. Colter?"

Bexley grinned as she looked up at me. "No," she answered. "Especially, since I'd love to have one for the same reason."

"It really is easy to get caught up in a hysterical frenzy," I chuckled. "Watching the Colters fighting for the first Colter daughter ever is crazy as hell."

"I bet it ends up being Jax," she predicted. "He's cocky enough to pull it off."

"I'm rooting for Clayton," I told her. "It would serve them all right for dumping all that boy stuff in his front yard."

"Ransom?"

"Yeah, baby?"

"It's been two minutes," she announced.

"Okay," I drawled out slowly because she sounded nervous.

"I don't think that I can look," she said, her eyes glued to mine,

Reaching out, I took the stick out of her hand, then looked down at it. Just to be sure, I grabbed the package, so that I knew what the fuck I was looking at, and after triple checking the results to the picture on the box, I finally looked over at my wife.

"Are you feeling any weird cravings now, because you should be," I told her, grinning.

When Bexley laughed and threw her arms around my neck, it was everything.

The End.