A big bastard

CHAPTER 1

Shehnaaz's POV

Today is going to be a terrible day for me, because firstly from today my last year of university will begin, and secondly today I have to meet my family for dinner.

Urgh! I hate meeting them.

Honestly, I miss my home. My India. Life here in America is not easy, most importantly this country just gives me trauma and trauma.

I was 11 and my little sister was just 1 year old when my mom and dad died in a car accident. My father was rich, he was one of the richest businessmen in India. After their death my uncle and aunty adopted us, just because my uncle wanted to take over my father's money and his properties. I was too young to understand his plans. To extend the business more he decided to move to America. I never wanted to come here. I wanted to live in my home, with the feeling of my mom and dad around me. But they did not give any attention to my pleadings.

They were treating us well. Until they came to know that my little sister had a cancer. They refused to spend money for her treatment, because according to them she is going to die anyway, so why waste money on her.

I was so angry and moreover I was hurt. They were so selfish and so greedy, they wanted me to give all the properties which were on my name to them, and in return they will take the responsibility of my sister's treatment. These properties were my mom dad's. They had no right in them. But I was helpless. I did as they wanted to save my baby, my little sister.

It's been 6 months. My sister Evara's treatment is going on. She is just 14 years old, but she is a fighter.
I love her. I couldn't stand them and their distaste towards me anymore. So, I decided to live on my own. For the world I am privileged rich adopted daughter of a rich businessman. But only I know who I am.

I woke up and realized I should get ready for my college. After chanting my morning prayers, I got ready in my black jeans and white shirt. I put my hair into a messy bun and applied some lip gloss. I took my bag, heading towards the kitchen, I quickly made a sandwich for myself.

I was devouring it wholeheartedly when I got a call from my best friend.

"Hey Sam." I said while taking a sip of my tea.

"We are late already, come down now." He said without greeting me.

I rolled my eyes and sighed.
"Isn't this like our thing to be late for college, in very beginning of the semester?"

I still remember the time when we became friends. It was the day 1 of our university and we both were the only students late for the class, and so we skipped the first lecture and decided to spend our time in cafeteria.

"Yeah! I mean it's not pre-planned, but somehow we manage to be late every freaking time." He sighed.

I laughed, "Give me 2 minutes I'll be there."

I finished my breakfast and packed one sandwich for him too. I washed my hands and locked my door.

"Heyyy!!" I exclaimed happily as I get into the passenger seat.

"Hey babe. Ready to get late?" He asks. His blue eyes staring at me and the sandwich in my hand.

"Of course." I laughed and gave him the sandwich. "Here you go."

"Oh, my gawwdd!" He screamed like a girl who just got proposed by her boyfriend.

I looked at him strangely. "This sandwich!! This makes my stomach so happy. I love your sandwiches. I mean I can even die for them." He chirped while taking big bites of the food.