"I was in the Bahamas. Had to get outta here, Pope." I whisper to him. He had refused to let go up until now. Only pulling away far enough to see my face he asks, "And you didn't have time to say good bye?" He has tears in his eyes. My throat nearly closes in on itself.

"I-"

"JJ!" I turn at the sound of my name and see a wave of blonde hair and then another tackle.

I see Sarah in front of me after she pulls away from me and shoves my chest. She then pulls me back into another hug.

"What the fuck is wrong with you. Don't ever scare me like that ever again." She threatens as she hugs me as tight as she can. I return the hug and lightly kiss the top of her head. I've always seen her as a sister.

"I don't plan on it." I look in Pope's eyes as I say this.

She quickly pulls away with a wide eye expression.

"We have to go to the Chateau. You need to see John B. He's a drink away from alcohol poisoning. He won't listen to us anymore." Her eyes plead with me to go with her, but I was planing to see y/n next.

"Kiara said she and y/n would be going there too." Pope cuts in after he sees me hesitating. I nod as my response. Soon, I find myself piled with my oldest friends in the Heyward car.

__________________________________

"John b?" Pope yells once we enter. His response comes from my old bedroom.

The door is locked when I try to open it.

"Go away Pope."

"Guess again bird shit." I say. There's silence and then the door whips open. He just stands there looking at me, questioning if I'm really in front of him.

"When did you shower last, Jb?" I hope my joke will crack a reaction. I was correct. He pulls me into a bear hug and refuses to let up.

"I thought-"

"I know. I'm here now. I'm not leaving again."

"What happened J? Why'd you leave us like that?" I didn't realize how my absence would affect them. I feel absolutely gutted about my lack of awareness towards their feelings. I never thought they would care this much.

"I had to get out of here, man. Everything became too much." I try to explain but my reasons sounds more like excuses.

"Why didn't you say goodbye? I've could've helped, we could've helped." John b desperately tries to understand my motives and I struggle to find the words.

"Who cares? You're here now." Sarah cuts in seeing my lack of words.

"You know who neeeds to see you?" Pope asks me while handing me a beer. I shake my head but I have a feeling I know the answer.

"Y/n. She hasn't been herself since." I put my head down in shame. She should've been the first person I said anything to the night I up and left.

"You know where she'd be?" I ask getting ready to find her. I turn towards the door to see Kiara and y/n standing there. Kie drops the bags she was holding and runs at me.

"Holy shit. I thought you died." I hug her tightly. I cant imagine the grief they went through. After hugging Kie, I look for y/n and she's no where to be found. Pope nods his head towards the dock.

_________________________________

I find y/n sitting on the dock looking out on the water. I sit next to her but she makes no reaction.

I don't know what to say in this type of situation. Hello just doesn't seem to be good enough.

"You could start by explaining why the hell you left with zero notice or care for the rest of us." She must have sensed my uncertainty. She still hasn't looked at me.

"I had to get out of here y/n. You don't understand y/n, my dad-"

"Don't you dare say I don't understand. I understand perfectly, your bastard of a father beat you to your breaking point and you left cause you couldn't take it anymore. That part was clear. Why you didn't say anything to us, I've been trying to figure that out since you left." She finally looks at me. Her eyes are red and tired. She clearly hasn't gotten sleep.

"I couldn't face you. I was scared-"

"Scared of what? We'd talk you out of it and make you live in that hell hole? You think so low of us?" She wipes her tears and makes a move to stand but I'm quick to grab her wrist.

"Please. Hear me out?" She stays, surprisingly.

"I was scared you'd try to come with me. I didn't want you to screw up your life just for me, that's not fair to you." I continue to hold her hand jn mine, missing the feeling of her.

"That should've been my decision to make. You took that away from me. You should've at least told me where you were. God JJ, I thought he killed you. I went to that house for days trying to find some form of life or something, anything. I would've done anything to find you, but after a while, I figured I couldn't find someone who didn't want to be found." I hate how defeated she sounds.

"That wasn't fair, JJ. Making be believe we had a shot and then leaving without a trace or goodbye. I thought I was never gonna see you again much less tell you I loved you." Her confession makes my heart beat faster but her use of past tense makes my hands sweat.

"I never stopped thinking of you. I even pictured us there. You and me. It's beautiful over there, and it's peaceful. I wanted you there with me every day. I came back because I couldn't stand another night without you in my arms. And I'm sorry. I'm sorry for making you think you weren't ever gonna see me again. I don't want that. I just want to be with you, wether that's here or anywhere." I grab both her hands in mine and kiss them repeatedly. She shakes her head as her face crumbles in tears.

"You can't just come back after disappearing for a year and think everything can go back to the way it was. That's not how it works, JJ. You hurt me, more than you can ever imagine and I don't know how to get over that and be with you as if you never left." Y/n has completely distanced herself from me. She's closed off and has put her walls up.

"Y/n I love you and I always have. I didn't even entertain anyone else over the past year. I couldn't get you out of my head and all I wanted was to be with you. Please, give me another chance and make it up to you."

"I can't JJ. You left me, how can I be sure I won't wake up one morning and you're not there. I cant go through that heartbreak again." She begins to walk away but I grab her arm and spin her back tk me. Her hands fall onto my chest and my hands fall to her waist. She looks so vulnerable and unsure. I lift one hand to wipe her tears and her head falls into my hand. Her eyes close at my touch.

"I missed you. I missed your laugh and your jokes. I don't think you'll ever fully understand how much I missed you. It was utter hell." I bring her into my arms. My arms wrapped tightly around her, repeatedly kissing her head. Her anger as subsided to relief as she cry's into my chest.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart. I never ever wanted to hurt you. Please let me make it up to you." She pulls away only enough to look me in the eyes.

"You better be there every morning." I smile at her acceptance. I kiss every inch of her face until she's pushing me away laughing. She hugs me again and doesn't let go until the other Pogues come down on the dock.

_________________________________

We had a bonfire to celebrate all of us together again. It's clear John B still has some grovelling to do for Sarah but I have a feeling they'll be okay. Y/n has been snuggled in my lap since I sat down. She fell asleep a little awhile ago. After saying good nights to everyone, I carry y/n to my old room in the Chateau. As I put her down, y/n quickly grabs my arm in fear that I'm leaving again.

I smooth out the hair around her face and kiss her forehead, "I'm not going anywhere, baby."

I quickly take my shirt and shoes off and climb into bed with her. Y/n lays her head on my chest and falls back asleep.

I kiss her head one more time, relishing in the feeling of having her back in my arms.

I didn't really know who to end this but hope you guys enjoy! I hope to post more soon! Please remember to keep the comment kind!