one

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

NAERYS WAS WALKING THE STREETS OF KINGS LANDING, a ragged little dress on her slim figure as she wore no shoes, the wore a scarf around her head so that no one would see her silver hair she bore, she carried a small pouch for her Mother who works at the brothel. Naerys knew that she wasn't like any other child, she had more of a Valyrian name, her hair was white – like snow, she knew that she was a Targaryen bastard and she didn't need to guess who.

Her Mother often told her that no one knew who she was, no one knew that she was alive, and even if the Targaryen Prince did know; he wouldn't care. He wouldn't want her just like how her Mother didn't want her, she worked on the streets at selling little handmade bracelets, but never got to keep the money as she'd need to give it to her Mother.

The woman would always bring her own daughter down, always reminding her that she isn't wanted, always telling how how she was her Father's image; well, except for the eyes who were a pale blue, something she got from her Mother.

Naerys wasn't really happy that she was alive, she would've rather had been born to a loving family where she wouldn't be known as the daughter of a whore and a bastard to a Prince. Yet, no one knew who she was, her Mother would never let her call her by the loving title only her name, no one even knew she was Aegon's bastard, and no one knew who she truly was. Though, Naerys knew, she knew that she was just a weak stick from the streets, and a girl who now bore the burden of being who she was.

She walked down the street, her bare-feet hurting as she had to walk over broken glass and sharp stones. Her feet often bled, but she was used to it at this point, she turns corners and squeezes past the weird people who she always knew were bad news and was soon face-to-face with her Mother's brothel.

After knocking the door, a woman who was dressed in a revealing outfit and disheveled hair opened the door smirking before her smirk dropped when she looked at the girl; Naerys could tell the woman was expecting a man. "You aren't the Prince," she sneers.

"I'm here for Estelle." She says with a nod, the woman dolls her eyes, slamming the door shut, and a few seconds later her Mother opened the door.

"Got the money?" She asks Naerys who passed her the pouch of coins, "good. Now, get lost."

Naerys was about to open her mouth before the door slammed shut, she sighs and looks down, she began to go on her way once more, she was getting ready to tear up, but as she walked on, she saw a man ready to walk passed her, he wore a blue cape and looked as though he were trying to fit in with commoners. Though, what gave him away was his short – greasy silver hair, he had a rough look on his face and in his hand was a bottle of wine.

Her heart beat loudly within her ears, she tried not to look, but she couldn't help it, it was him. He must have noticed her walking and staring to the point he gave her a stare back, he too was staring too longingly as he walked, she quickly looked away and kept her head down, trying to hurry in her steps, wiping small stones off of her barefoot.

She swiftly left not even noticing him stare at her as she left, she turns down a narrow corner and just kept her head down as she walked passed many people who stop and stare at her.

Naerys made her way back into the old Cathedral where she climbed up the ladder to the bell tower and rested against the sandstone pillars. She watched people go about their businesses from below and kept herself quiet, and rested her head back before closing her eyes.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

The next week came by quickly, she was once again at her stall, and selling wonderfully. She had heard whispers about guards coming this way and decided to just ignore them, she started beading more bracelets when she heard armour cluttering passed them, Naerys couldn't help but look up, she analysed them, and even made eye contact with one but quickly looked away to another man who was wearing a cloak. Her eyes lingered on him to the point the man looked at her through his right eye, she kept eye contact before picking up more beads.

She missed the way his eye narrowed on her before walking away, she didn't look up again and hoped she didn't cause a disturbance of being nosy.

She grabs her pouch of money and once again walked back to where her Mother was located, Naerys was so hungry, so hopefully her mother would allow her to keep some. Again, she walked with her bare-feet digging into the rocky pathway, she winced and grimaced whenever she'd step on something sharper than usual but just kept going.

Naerys suddenly stops, she sees Prince Aegon standing there at the door waiting to be let in, her eyes widen when he turns to stare at her slowly. The man looked bored out of his mind, but he wasn't drunkly staggering, in fact; he looked at serious, as if someone had said something and he was away to deal with it.

They both stare at one another, he stares at the pouch in her hand, and then stares at the scarf covering her hair. His violet eyes narrowed, and he looked up when the door opened showing Estelle who thought it was her daughter. She was caught off guard at seeing Prince Aegon and then turned right when she sees her daughter.

Naerys walks passed Prince Aegon with her head down and handed the pouch to her mother, "may I take a few coins for food?" She asks quietly, "I'm so hungry, please?"

Estelle looks at her but she turns to Prince Aegon who was looking between the two of them, and his eyes slightly widened.

Naerys felt her scarf being tugged off of her head, her hair was de-tangled from her pin and scarf. Estelle clenched her jaw, and Naerys felt her heart ache, she gasps and turns to Prince Aegon who stares as if he's gotten what he came for, he stares. "I knew it," he grumbles.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·
Geez!

cliffhanger! I'm finally going
all in on a chapter and not waiting
for a few more chapters for the
reveal!

let's get aegon back in everyone's
good books and not make him
a rapist!

thanks for reading!
vote, comment & tell me what you think!
<3