XXX. Beginning of the end

Present – 1997

Present – 1997

Interviewer: Why didn't you leave that night?

Eddie Loving: I sometimes ask myself the same thing [the older man sighs].

1977

Aislinn had gotten off stage, watching the band as they got ready to go out and perform. Performing in her hometown had been better than she imagined, it felt amazing to look out into the crowd and see her friends and family enjoying the music as much as she did.
Eddie walked up behind Aislinn, picking her up around the waist, spinning her around before putting her down and kissing the top of her head. "You were great out there." Eddie spoke as Aislinn turned to face him, with a grin on her face.

"Thank you." Aislinn said as she kissed Eddie on the lips. "Are you ready to perform in front of everyone?" Aislinn asked.

"Yeah, it'll be great. My mom and grandma are out there and even Nathaniel is experiencing a concert for the first time." Eddie smiled as he grabbed Aislinn's hand, and they went to the side of stage to peek out into the crowd. Landing their gazes on Janet holding Nathaniel, while he wore noise cancelling headphones like Julia's.

"He looks like he's trying to find you." Eddie laughed as he saw his son looking around frantically. "I think I'm going to go out there and be with them. It'd be nice to see you guys play from that view." Aislinn spoke as she faced Eddie.

"That sounds like a good idea, seeming as Nathaniel looks like he'll burst any moment now." Eddie smiled. Aislinn turned to look back into the crowd, seeing that Eddie was right, Nathaniel was not being his normal happy self.

"Well, I better head out there then. I love you." Aislinn smiled as she kissed Eddie's cheek before running off to go into the stadium seats. "I love you too!" Eddie yelled, as Aislinn turned around to look at him and smiled before disappearing into the crowd.