XXIX. Back to where it all began

Start from the beginning

Aislinn had no idea what she meant, but the older woman had always been wise. So, she chose to believe that things could only get better.

Everyone left the airport and went their own ways. Billy, Graham and Aislinn all decided to stay at Marlene's new house, along with their families and girlfriend. Marlene had planned a party for the band's arrival.

Aislinn was in the kitchen with Eddie helping Marlene get things ready for the party. When Eddie had gone outside to help Graham and Billy, Marlene turned towards Aislinn.

"I'm getting deja vu right now." Marlene smiled. "What do you mean mom?" Aislinn asked confused.

"The last time I had you and Eddie helping me in the kitchen was years ago, and the two of you had secretly pining over one another. And now you're married and have a son." Marlene responded, as Aislinn smiled at the memory.

It had been nearly ten years ago since Aislinn had shared that moment with her mom and Eddie. It was crazy how much things could change in nearly a decade, Aislinn could only wonder what could happen in the next ten years to come.

...

A few hours had passed, and the party was now underway

A few hours had passed, and the party was now underway. Marlene had informed Aislinn that her new boyfriend was coming but she hadn't found a way to tell Billy and Graham. Aislinn told her mom that she would smooth things over, and if there was anyone to worry about, it was Billy.

Eddie came back to where Aislinn was sitting with Nathaniel on her lap, before he sat down confused about what had happened. "What's wrong?" Aislinn asked, seeing the confusion spread over Eddie's feature.

"Chuck just confused the hell out of me." Eddie spoke as he shook his head. "What do you mean?" Aislinn laughed.

"He asked Graham, Warren, Billy and me, our financial status..." Eddie answered. Aislinn sat silent, "Is it bad?" Aislinn whispered, to which Eddie shrugged.

The two sat their shock as they let calculations go through their head, Aislinn now confused too. Aislinn was taken out of her trance when Marlene put a hand on her shoulder. "Sweetie, this is Matthew Hoss." Marlene smiled, as she introduced her boyfriend.

Aislinn stood up, putting Nathaniel on her hip as she shook hands with Matthew. "Aislinn and this is my husband, Eddie and our son, Nathaniel." Aislinn smiled, while Eddie stood up and shook hands with Matthew. "It's nice to meet you, your mother speaks very highly of you and your brothers." Matthew smiled back.

He was a much taller man than her father had been, and he had a full head of gray hair. "It's okay if she only said good things about me, I am the favorite." Aislinn joked, as everyone laughed.