Chapter Four - Malfoy's Redemption

Harry was making an antidote for common poisons with Hermione and Neville in potions, when the bell finally rang, signalling break. They rushed out, finally free of 'Stupid Snape', as Neville and Harry labelled him. 

"Weasley shut up about Potter. He's even better than you. Crabbe, Goyle, shut your stupid mouths about blood traitors and muggle-borns, you're as fat as how the shit you're saying is wrong," They heard Malfoy say that, very loudly, and he sent a smile towards Harry as he finished and started walking alone to his next class.

Harry gasped loudly, thinking he was in a dream, right until he felt Neville snapping him out of his trance. "Did Malfoy just say that, or am I hallucinating?" Harry asked Hermione. "He did, I think he's trying to become better, Harry. Why don't you go sit with him? He's probably in the courtyard." Hermione was probably right, he wouldn't say that just to trick him. He bid Hermione and Neville goodbye, then made his way to the courtyard after telling them he would come to the Great Hall after.

At the courtyard

Harry walked up to Draco, who was leaning against the wall alone, while some Slytherins were laughing at him. Word must've gotten out fast that Draco abandoned his pureblood friends in support of Harry Potter the blood traitor.

"Hey Draco. Thanks for defending me back there. Why did you act differently all the other times?" Harry asked, choosing his words carefully as to not appear selfish, he actually felt like he wanted to befriend Draco now. "Um, your welcome. I really just did it because the last few days, I've realised that all my pureblood thoughts and everything was because my father wants me to be like him and support You-Know-Who. Course he would want me to if he comes back. He was right in his inner circle. Anyways, I hope we're all good now." Draco told Harry, but whispered that last part.

"Of course. You can come to our common room or sit with us anytime you want, just don't piss off Hermione, heh. We can even become friends, if youd like."

"Sure! I'd love to be friends with you, see you around, Harry.". Both boys bid each other goodbye, then Harry headed to the Great Hall so his Hermione didn't worry. Wait, what? So Hermione and Neville don't worry. He didn't know why everytime he thought about Hermione, he felt butterflies in his stomach.

Alright people. Sorry for not updating this morning, was too lazy and slept till about 12pm. I'll try and release a second chapter today, so sorry for this one being so short, its mainly just about Draco's redemption so the story is set for the future mostly. Remember to vote n share your opinions.

Word Count - 471