Chapter 4

Above pic is how you can imagine Kamran...

Fiza waited for her suitcase and almost sprinted to her bag the moment it showed up. She was about to pick it up when someone on her left tried to help her pick it up. She jumped and looked up to find a tall guy smiling at her. "May I help?" Fiza got extremely confused and blinked before shaking her head.

"I will do...it." She got quite confused about her accent. The guy took a few steps back and she picked up her bag before asking a female for the exit. "Where...can I..." It wasn't every day she was communicating with anyone in English.

"How may I help you, girl?" The security asked. "The exit?" Her voice came out in a whisper and she had her hands trembling. There were a lot of people and the place was a whole lot different than she was used to.

The guard guided her to the exit and she nodded a little before walking out. She got her papers back in her handbag and got the picture of her husband out. She had been told that he would be waiting for her but there was no one. She had an address and a number for his place but had no money to hail a cab. The roads were wide and had a lot more commotion during this time of the day.

She tried to give herself some time to look around. Many were coming to drop their loved ones and many were leaving or hailing a cab. Few had flowers in their hands and seemed to be waiting for someone dear to them. For a second she wonders what her husband would be like. What kind of work does he do? She knew nothing about him. Nothing at all.

"Hey, honey!" A woman came out running and jumped on a man who had been standing with flowers in his hands. Fiza couldn't help the smile and wondered if Kamran will be the kind of man coming with flowers. The minutes turned into an hour. During this time Fiza noticed the same boy walking out too. He did stop to look at her but had his family waiting for him too.

Fiza didn't have a watch with her. But she could see the time on a digital watch on one of the walls outside the airport. She was tired of standing but decided to stay put. For a moment she wonders if no one will come to pick her up. She wonders why Parveen didn't give her any money. She could call on the number she had for Kamran or drink water at least. By the second hour, she had her throat stuffy. She didn't know what to do standing here. Every new car, truck or taxi coming had her hopes high. Any man looking a little Indian or Muslim around the age of her husband had her heart dreading. At this point, she wanted him here no matter what.

"Hey, can you step aside? You have been standing here for so long. Who are you?" One of the guards approached her and she got horrified. "I...I...waiting for my husband." She didn't know why she had a tear escaping her eye. "Who is your husband? What's his name? Do you have any identity for him?" Fiza tried to look around hoping he appears right away.

She rubbed the sweat off her face before she said. "Slow...please talk slowly?" She requested and the guard tried to speak slowly. "His name? Address? Phone number?" The guard made the hand sign too. "Yes, I have a phone number." She was embarrassed by her accent. She got the paper out and he looked at the number before looking at her.

"Come to the office with me. And, call him. You want to do that?" Fiza only blinked and looked at him scared before the guard said it all slowly and she agreed. "Oh please," She nodded and felt exactly like she would be sent into the principal office for something she is blamed for.

They only dialled the number and got her the phone. Fiza looked at the phone for a moment before she took it. The phone rang a few more times before someone picked it up. "Mr Kennedy's office, how can I help you?" It was said in an accent that Fiza couldn't pick it and got really confused. It had to be Kamran or what else she was to do.

"Kamran? Kamran Wajahat? I am...I am..." Fiza was shivering at this point and looked up to notice frustrated guards who meant help but couldn't do much about her state.