"Sweetheart, the contract may not mention it and yes I may have to marry you. But the mafia laws dictate what happens to a wife if she proves herself unclean. Remember, it'll be the husbands choice how extreme of a punishment they'd like to happen." My words felt like acid as I spoke. Those rules were fucked beyond words but they were written during the begining of the mafia. And in a moment like this, when I was being forced by my will, I would use it against someone if needed.

"I've done my research on you. And while you are known as the devil in the Spanish mafia, my people have seen you with your family and girlfriend. You do have things you care about and obviously you wouldn't want to bring harm on them. Especially your little girlfriend, would you?" She gives a sweet smile. I pick up my knife not letting myself throw it across the room at her but instead I twirl it in my hand.

"One more word about my girlfriend and I'll have not only you but your entire mafia saying hI to the devil for me. Understand?" Her smile fades and I knew she understood that my threat wasn't a bluff.

I stand up not even giving a nod of politeness as I walk out. My phone rings in my pocket and for a second I debate picking it up. I was all riled up and I knew it would blow up on anyone I'm the other side of the line but to find my hand still fishing my phone out of my pocket. I let my lips lift when I see the name on the screens.

"Hi, amor." I lean against the wall outside of the restaurant.

"Let's go on a date. Like one where we don't have to hide and shit. Now that everyone knows we can just be us without worrying about everyone around us. You in, lover?" She asks me and immediately she brightens my mood.

"With you I'm always all in." I hear her light feathery laugh and my smile widens.

"Then I'll set it up. See you tonight. Love you." Her last words come out unsure and I let out a quiet chuckle under my breath.

"See you then. I love you, baby." She ends the call first and the small smile on my face doesn't disappear as I begin walking to my car.

"Your girlfriend?"

Ciara's voice makes my once happy mood completely fade away. And she pissed on my mood, again.

"My real wife." My voice is loud and clear for her to hear. There's no doubt in my words.

Arabella would be my wife.

~~~

I ring the doorbell, continuing to wait at the door. I hold a bouquet of flowers with lillies since Arabella happens to have taken a liking to them lately. The hand that isn't holding anything instinctively goes to pat the little box I had in my pocket. I inwardly smile but also I feel a part of myself tremble in fear.

It has been a good month since we told each other about us but I don't think I've come back to her house since. I wasn't nervous to see Arabella's brothers. This wasn't like I was picking up my date before prom like some teenager.

I was more nervous to see Arabella. I knew that things with the Irish mafia have definitely not cooled down, if not saying it honestly got much hotter. I knew things would go downhill soon. But I was going to keep Arabella as far away from the flames as possible.

Though I knew that the second I looked into her eyes that hold so many thoughts but I somehow seem to be able to tread even better than a book, I would lose my concentration. The selfish part of me will try to latch onto her and it'll only bring her into the flames that I'm trying to shield her from.

The door opens and Luca's immediately ready to shut the door in my face. He groaned but I knew it was just his humor. Luca and I have talked a few times here and there about university classes and shit.