Chapter 14 Cheat Day & Resolves

Start from the beginning

Sammar took the glass and gulped the water down. He stopped crying, wiped his tears and looked at devansh.

Devansh "tujhe sach me hostel jana hai?" When sammar didn't reply devansh said again "listen kid, I am not a very patient man, when I am talking to you, you have to reply, so either you start doing it on your own right now Or I can beat the shit out of you and get you ready to reply and then we can have this conversation. The choice is totally yours. So if you choose the first option then answer me, do you really wish to go to a hostel "

Sammar voice was hardly more than a whisper "nahi kaka"

Devansh "to sameer ko kyun kaha tujhe hostel bhejne ke liye? "

Sammar "I didn't want to tarnish his image kaka and I also thought I was forced on him. I don't want to be the reason behind his misery so I thought it's better if I leave. "

Devansh nodded and said again "Yesterday he told you everything sammar, do you have any doubt about it"

Sammar "pata nahi kaka, main sach me chahta hu ki kal unhone jo bhi bataya wo sach ho, par fir bhi yakeen nahi ho raha"

Devansh "kyun, you think sameer will lie to you?"

Sammar "nahi kaka, aisa bilkul bhi nahi hai. Bhaiya mujhe kuch galat nahi batayenge."

Devansh "agar itna pata hai to uski baato par yakeen kyun nahi ho raha tukhe?"

Sammar "this is not the first time that I am being bullied like this kaka. Pehle bhi ye sab bohut hua hai. As long as I remember I was always bullied for being illegitimate son of my mother."

Devansh "and you never answered back?"

Sammar "kaise karta kaka, jab pehli baar ye sab hua to main lada tha, fir mumma ko pata chala to she told me to never indulge in any fights like this ever. She taught me that the only way to get out of bullying is not to answer back, not to give any reaction."

Devansh "did you never ask gayatri about the truth?"

Sammar "I asked her at that time kaka, she just told me ki sach wo hai jo main manna chahta hu. She never told me anything about my father or brothers. I dont know why she did that, but she did. Bhaiya aur bhaiyu ke baare me bhi mujhe sirf isliye pata tha cause she use to cry for hours holding their pictures. She use to talk to their pictures when she thought I was sleeping. She was a very good mother kaka, I know she went through alot of hardships in upbringing me. So I always tried to never ask her anything which brings sadness in her eyes. And the very mention of Mr. Rathod, bhaiya or bhaiyu will fill her with pain and remorse." He said remembering the past. A few tears escaped his eyes which he wiped unconsciously.

Devansh understood the problem and said "sameer ne jo bhi kaha, usme kuch bhi jhooth nahi hai sammar. Haan there are some missing details but whatever he said is true. Gayatri was like a sister to me. And sanjay, Mr. Rathod he was a cruel man. He literally use to beat her black and blue for his sadistic pleasure. She endured as much as she can but there was no end to sanjay's exploits. She wanted to end her life When she got to know that she was pregnant with you. Having another child with sanjay filled her more with fear rather than happiness. So She asked for my help to get her away with your brothers. I wanted to do the same, but I always knew that sanjay will turn the world upside down to look for her if she took sameer away. Though he was never a good parent, not even slightly involved in upbringing the children but he has some fascination about ruling the mafia world with sameer at his side one day. I made arrangements for gayatri to get away from here and promised her that I will take care of both sameer and sam and one day when it's safe I will reunite them with her. But that day never came, by the time sameer was powerful enough to not let anyone touch him or sam, it was too late. By then He was filled with hatred and disgust for gayatri. May be I took too long to come out with the truth but when I was ready to tell sameer the whole truth that's when gayatri contacted me and we got to know about her condition. Sameer went to dehradun and got you here. Gayatry only wanted to meet sameer once and tell him about you. She really wanted you to go to a hostel and wanted sameer to act as a distant guardian in case any emergency comes up. She never wanted him to take up your responsibility, never thought he would take it after so much has happened."