Chapter 7

Katniss' POV:

"You should just go head and tell him how you feel."

Right now all of us girls are at Annie's house for a sleepover and they all want me to tell Peeta how I feel. Isn't it the guys job to tell the girl how they feel? Not the other way round?

"No way, I am not telling Peeta how I feel about him. That is the craziest I idea I have ever heard."

"Katniss I agree with Annie, you should just tell him how you feel. What the worst thing that could happen?"

"Uh Glim let me think. Him rejecting me, me being embarrassed and never being able to show my face again. I'm not ready be rejected."

All the girls groan and I roll my eyes. I'm just not ready to do that. If I ever do tell him I want to be sure that he feels the same way as I do because the thing I hate most is being embarrassed.

"Can we please talk about something else, I'm sick of talking about this. It's my life, my choice so please just stay out of it."

"Fine we will, but if you don't you could lose him forever."

This makes me think. What if I do lose him forever? But I've never had him. What does she mean? I shake my head and forget about it all. I grab some pretzels from the bowl in the middle of the room. I plop them into my mouth and hear the loud crunch as I chew.

I hear the ding of my phone signalling that I have a text. All of the others turn there head to see who it is.

Peeta. Of course it is.

"Kat! Kat! What does it say?"

"Jeez calm down Clove, I haven't even looked at it yet."

I look at the text and my heart stops.

"Hey Katniss, can we talk?"

"Ohh what does it say?"

"He wants to talk to me."

This worries me. Is it a good or a bad thing?

"Sure, when and where?"

A few minutes later I get a text back.

"Now and at the park. I'll meet you there in 10?"

"Sure thing, see you then." I send the text and hop up from my space on the bed.

"I'll see you guys later okay?"

They all nod and wish me luck. I walk down the white wooden stairs and walk out the door. It's just hit spring here and the weather is really nice. I start walking down the path towards the park.

When I get there I see the same view I saw a few weeks ago last time I was here with Peeta. He is sitting in the swing facing away from me. But only this time I decide not to scare him.

I walk up to him and sit on the swing next to him. He notices me straight away.

"Oh hey Katniss."

"Hey Peeta, so what did you want to talk about?"

"Oh yea, um do you want to sit on the grass over there?"

"Sure."

We hop up from the swing and go and sit on the grass under the same tree where we almost kissed. He seems really nervous and jittery. I wonder what's wrong.

"So what did you want to talk about?"

"Well I know we have only known each other for a few months. But you are the most beautiful girl I have ever laid my eyes on, you're perfect. As soon as I saw you I fell in love. But if you just want to stay friends I can live with that. All I need is for you to be in my life. I love you."

I sit there in shock not really knowing what to say. The boy who I like, who I never thought would like me, likes me. Well actually loves me. And now I have realised that I love him to.

I end up having no idea what to say. Peeta then shakes his head and stands up.

"I'm so so stupid, I've probably scared you now. God I never should have said anything. I'm sorry."

He starts to walk off but I stand up and run after him.

"Peeta wait!" He doesn't listen, but that doesn't stop me. I sprint up to him and grabs his wrist making him turn around.

"Will you just listen to me for one second?"

"Sure, go ahead."

"Peeta you have no idea how long I have been waiting for you to say that. I love you too, so much."

"You do?"

"Yes so much it hurts.

He doesn't say anything, he just grabs me by the waist and pulls me closer to him. He caresses my cheek and leans in. I couldn't wait any longer so I just smash my lips onto his.

Sparks feel up my whole body. I have always felt like I was missing apart of me, but now I finally feel whole.

We keep kissing, his soft warm lips on mine. I never knew I could love this much.

We both break away reluctantly.

"Wow."

"Yeah."

"Well um Katniss I was wondering if you would like to go out with me this Friday night."

"I would love to. When and where?"

"No it's a surprise, but I will pick you up at seven."

"Okay, I can't wait."

"Me neither. Now would you like me to walk you back home?"

"Actually I'm staying at Annie's but could you walk me there?"

"I would be honoured." He takes a bow jokingly and we both start to laugh.

If we do start dating I would really hope that we could be able to be serious and be able to joke around at the same time.

We start walking down the path to Annie's, which is luckily on the way to Peeta's as well. As we walk down the path Peeta grabs my hand and entwines them. I blush then look down but then quickly look up at him and smile as he smile back.

When we get to Annie's front door I go to open it but be grabs but wrist and makes me turn around mimicking what I did earlier today. He once again pulls me in for a soft and gentle kiss.

"Goodbye Katniss I'll see tomorrow?"

"Of course Peeta. Bye, I love you."

"I love you too."

I close the door and turn around to see all of the girl smiling at me. Then all of a sudden they start screaming.

Oh god this is going to be fantastic. Note the sarcasm.

🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃

Sorry I haven't posted for ages. I've been very busy and stressed at school and I've had writers block.

Thanks for over 1k reads, it means a lot!

5 comments for the next chapter!