[00]

Being proficient with a computer means always having people around you who require your assistance.

And this has always been the case. Even today, for Thea, was no exception.

Today marked August. The last month of summer. Right before, it was time to return to school again. Thea loved the idea of the new school year. She knew it would be special to her. Much-much more than the last year. And it will turn out better for her than the last one too. At least, hopefully, it will... 

Her brother was about to enter his new senior school year. While little Thea will have to continue her education for another year. She was just a grade smaller than him. 

But now, as she sat in a cafe waiting for someone, all she could think about was how she wished she could finish school sooner. To provide her the opportunity to get a decent job in the IT area. So that she can show that Macauley's name is still valuable today.

She could think about it more. If she had not seen a familiar young man who had just entered the cafe. Putting the phone aside, the girl smiled slightly at the guy who had just come in and said:

"You know. If you had warned me that you would be late. I wouldn't come at all."

"Sorry. I did not expect that my mother would drag me into the affairs of her election campaign for so long," Simon answered the girl, sitting down next to him. "Were you waiting for me, huh?

"Listen. You called me! If it's to gather dirt on me, then I'm sorry, I have better things to do."

"Stop! Wait!" Simon stopped her by the hand, trying not to let her leave the table. "Just joking, dear! There is one thing that I called you here for, though. Remember you helped me one time with the creation of the "About that" application?

"I still don't understand how I agreed to this," Thea said with a smirk in response to him.

"It's just that I can persuade people," Simon said with a smile. "As a result of your adjustments, the application began to perform better. Its interface has shifted in the right way, and now I need to make just another small alteration."

"For example?" the girl asked the guy sitting next to her with interest, looking at his open computer.

"For instance..."  Kellegher responded to the girl languidly. "There, I need to change my IP address. I need to make the application lawful so that those in positions of authority do not find it objectionable. However, you also will need to install anti-hacking protection on the application. Is it possible to do so?"

"And why come with this to me? And why you're suddenly beginning to worry about this app's protection? Are you concerned that your application may crash one day? Kelllegher is worrying about his baby app, ouch, it must be drastic... " she said sarcastically to him, still not understanding why he is doing this. 

"Just a few precautions," he answered her in reply in his normal tone, continuing the dialogue. "So? Have we made a deal?"

"What do I take away from this, hmm? I'm not going to work for nothing..."

"How about this: if you do this, for your part, there will be no more reference of you in "About that". Great deal, huh? "

"Sounds tempting! What sacrifices on your part! Why these desperate actions?!" smirked Thea at the suggestion. 

"I want to make the next year as interesting as possible, not only for myself. But some insurance won't hurt. That's all I can say for now."

"So what am I now? Your insurance? Insurance that everything will go well, as planned?"

"In a sense, yes," Simon answered her, turning on the computer for work, knowing that mentally the girl had already agreed.

"Sounds strange, weird, and awful, at the same time! If something goes wrong, then all the checkers will fly in my direction too! Do you see the word "risk" highlighted on this thing?.."

"That is why we must make sure that this does not happen! And if anything, I will take the main problem upon myself. You don't have to worry about this. Ok?.. So what?.. We are working? Like in the old times?.."

The girl looked him in the eyes as he pondered his remarks. She's looking for solutions to many questions in them. But, given his conviction in the scheme, she couldn't say no. Not when she had the opportunity to demonstrate that her IT skills were indeed, quite valuable.

"Fine. We're working together," she added as she took her computer from the suitcase next to her, plugged it into his, and turned it on. "I just wanted to warn you right now though. If you want truly effective application safety. You'll need at least two working computers, one of which will be constantly monitored. For the best type of protection, it is mandatory."

"Fine. I correctly understand that these should be two completely different computers?"

"Exactly. That's the whole point of it! And it is desirable that on that second computer, there should not be a single link to another."

"It's clear. Now, how to do it?"

"Because you need to do everything specifically today and don't have a second computer with you, I'll connect my computer to the application's security system for the time being. And I will occasionally guard against possible hackers. Well, especially when it comes to things that auto protection can't always handle. You do realize this will take some time, right?" began her hilarious rumbling Thea, attempting to explain how things should operate.

"I do understand, honey," answered her Kellegher, smirking at her slightly. Knowing that she hated when he called her like that. "I've plenty of that."

"I repeated to you this several times before, I am not "honey! I have a name!"

"Whatever you say "honey..."

So, joking aside, two teenagers collaborated on an application that would soon turn their lives upside down. 

Although, maybe this program did something else for them. It brought them closer together. Without even suspecting it...