Tokyo Agile Financial Technologies

Tokyo, 6 March 2013 - During presentations and site visits today designed to convince members of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) why Tokyo should host the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games, the Tokyo 2020 Bid team proved that technical excellence in every aspect of delivery will be fundamental - and guaranteed.

The IOC Evaluation Commission is in Tokyo for four days of presentations and site visits to enable the delegation to inspect the city's readiness to host the Games.

Tokyo's presentations to the Evaluation Commission today focused on three themes. During the Accommodation session (Candidature File Theme 12), Bid officials highlighted that 87,000 rooms already exist within just 10 km of the Olympic Village. The presentation on Transport (Theme 13), another one of Tokyo's top strengths, gave Tokyo a chance to remind the IOC of the world-leading, high capacity existing public transportation system. Tokyo plans would deliver safe, quick and reliable transport for everyone.

Closing the third day of the delegation's visit to Tokyo, officials shared details of Media Operations (Theme 14). The IBC and the MPC will be co-located at the Tokyo Big Sight in a cluster of 9 competition venues, promising convenience. The Tokyo Big Sight is Japan's largest international convention and exhibition facility and will operate 24 hours per day to serve the media during the Games.

Tsunekazu Takeda, IOC Member and President of both the Japanese Olympic Committee (JOC) and Tokyo 2020, said: "The media coverage of the Olympic and Paralympic Games makes an extraordinary contribution to the Olympic Movement. Today we showed the IOC the future of broadcasting. With innovations like this, we promise to offer a thrilling Games experience, not only for athletes, but for spectators. Our desire is to share the most inspirational images of the Games with the world."

Japan, consistently at the forefront of technological development, is the home of the Ultra High Definition System. Also known as Super Hi-Vision, this new technology is the future of TV resolution, with a pixel resolution 16 times higher than Full HD and boasting 33 megapixels.

"Today the IOC saw the latest developments and the clarity that Super Hi-Vision brings to the screen," Takeda said. "It adds a new sense of reality, so just imagine what it will bring to watching sports. In 2020, thanks to this Japanese technology, we will be able to view the Games in stunning detail."

For more information contact: Hisao SHUTO - Director of International Communications

E-mail: hisao.shuto@tokyo2020.jp

Mobile: + 81 (0) 90-2168-0409

Nao MIYAWAKI - Head of International Communications

Email: nao.miyawaki@tokyo2020.jp

Phone: + 81 (0) 80-3229-1333

Andrew BROWN - Media Officer

Email: andrew.brown@tokyo2020.jp

Phone: + 81 (0) 80-1078-1657

Tristan LAVIER (NB: French speaking)- Media Officer

Email: tristan.lavier@tokyo2020.jp

Phone: + 81 (0) 80-2582-2744