Penelope's day with Little Lily (E.F.A.A)

"SIYEON-UNNIE!!" Nari shrieked happily with stars in her eyes.

Penelope decided to give her Little Lily her former name so as to make her more comfortable with her.

Nari stepped off of the carriage and pitter-pattered to Penelope to give her a hug. A look of relief and nausea seemed to have washed over her as Penelope carried her in her arms. 'It's no surprise that she seemed uncomfortable, in Aisa, in the Capital City and Grand Dukedom territories, there were various types of transport more comfortable than the ones in Eorka.' Penelope thought and smiled sympathetically to Nari as she too had experienced that in her first week as the adopted daughter of the Eckharts.

"걱정 마, 리틀 릴리, 메스꺼움을 달래기 위해 음료를 만들어 줄게." (Don't worry, Little Lily, I'll make you a drink to soothe your nausea.) By now the rest of the Eckharts have gone inside the manor with their temporary ward. Penelope began to walk in as she called out, "Emily?" The maid stepped forward and bowed "Yes, my lady?" "Can you please make us strawberry lemonade? We will be going to the gazebo in the garden in front of my room" Penelope asked, Emily answered with a yes and went off to prepare the drinks.

Nari's nose scrunched up as she expressed her discomfort with a soft whimper. Penelope brought her head to her shoulder and Nari closed her eyes as Penelope walked to the gardens and onto the shaded gazebo.

The gazebo itself was painted white from top to bottom with long vines of Carolina jessamine gripping at the columns of the two towering entrances while shrubs of bright magenta camelia occupied the top of the fences and right under the grey roof.

Thankfully, it wasn't a hot afternoon. Soft cold breeze twirled in the gazebo as the ordered iced drinks arrived. Penelope could see bits of chopped strawberries and ice in the lemonade and was satisfied by the lack of insects in it. She placed Nari on a chair and brought it close to hers. She grabbed Nari's drink and held it to the little princess's lips. "천천히 한 모금, 리틀 릴리, 천천히 한 모금." (Slow sips, Little Lily, slow sips.) She mumbled out. As Nari drank, her complexion became better until she started greedily drinking the lemonade. She stopped half way to chew on the strawberries but continued until it finished.

Penelope's mind provided a similar picture of a chipmunk stuffing their face in acorns. She let out a small chuckle seeing her Little Lily's greed overcome her and rubbed Nari's back. Penelope turned her focus to the table filled with multiple stacks of parchment. All of them were filled with short and easy questions which she could slip in any conversation with Nari so that she is able to create a timetable for her. The questions seemed very demanding and may distress Nari, however, Penelope is very good at improvising.

"Nari? 여가 시간에 무엇을 하고 싶습니까?" (Nari? What do you like to do in your free time?) Penelope started softly, "Eh? Uh.. 나는 물건을 만드는 것을 좋아합니다 ..." (Eh? Uh.. I love making things...) Nari answered meekly. "오 예? 어떤 종류?" (Oh yeah? What kind?) Penelope asked curiously, "나는 무엇이든 그림을 그리는 것을 좋아합니다! 나는 또한 엄마와 함께 음식을 만들고 아빠가 연구실에 있을 때 만드는 것을 만드는 것을 좋아합니다!" (I like to paint anything! I also like to make food with my Mama and make things that my Papa makes when he's in the labs!) Nari replied excitedly. After that, Penelope had a conversation learning more about Nari just as Nari was learning more about her unnie.

When Nari mentioned helping her father, Aisa's emperor, create things in the labs, she meant that she helped create inventions such as mini robots and improve medicine. Although Penelope knew another side of the lab where dangerous things were being created by the former Grand Duke and Duchess, Penelope's parents. She was taught at a young age on engineering in all fields. By now, she had almost completed mastering all. She just had to master 5 and she would be able to master the Engineering field. The Grand Duchy was responsible for the Empire's military while the Emperor was responsible for doing what emperors usually do. Although this may sound like a possible rebellion from the Grand Duchy, the Emperor's ancestor had written an unbreakable contract the moment they had a younger sibling in order to prevent any possible rebellions from a close relative. The relatives of the Grand Duke/Duchess will be under the contract unless they cut all ties, if they do, memories of importance will be erased willingly.

"Siyeon-unnie... 오늘은 뭘 할까...?" (Siyeon-unnie... What are we going to do today...?) Nari asked quietly, maybe a bit too quiet. Penelope resolved to bring her confidence to a healthy level, "오늘은 잠깐 쉬자. 오늘은 궁전에 있는 모든 사람들과 함께 긴 하루였습니다. 내일 우리는 수업을 시작할 수 있지만, 오늘 우리는 내일 공부하고 싶은 세 과목을 선택할 수 있습니다." (Let's take a break today. Today was a long day with everyone in the palace. Tomorrow we can start classes, but today we can choose the three subjects that we want to study tomorrow.) Penelope then continued, "그 후, 우리는 노력에 대한 보상으로 세 가지 활동을 선택할 수 있습니다." (After that, we can choose three activities to do as a reward for our efforts.) With that said, Penelope wrote in Eorkan about the subjects available on the parchment with a provided quill.

𝓢𝓾𝓫𝓳𝓮𝓬𝓽𝓼:
𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮
𝓜𝓮𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓲𝓬𝓼
𝓑𝓪𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 / 𝓒𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰
𝓔𝓽𝓲𝓺𝓾𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮
𝓦𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭 𝓗𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂
𝓜𝓪𝓷𝓪 𝓒𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓻𝓸𝓵
𝓜𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓬 𝓗𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂
𝓢𝓹𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓬𝓻𝓪𝓯𝓽
𝓡𝓾𝓷𝓮𝓼
𝓛𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓾𝓪𝓰𝓮 𝓐𝓻𝓽𝓼

In reality, Nari does actually know Eorkan, however, she has not been given enough time to be able to use her understanding to communicate with others. Her inability to communicate with others in Eorkan also involves her lack of confidence. At first, Penelope thought it would be hard, but she then realised just a couple times of practice and reassurances would help with it.

She allowed Nari to use her quill to circle the three classes she wanted to do: Mechanics, Runes, and Spellcraft. These subjects should be somewhat easier than the others as the original Penelope had a deep passion for building and creating which she got from her birth mother.

Penelope's (Siyeon) interest in History, Languages, and Baking/cooking came from her passion for archeology. With the dream to become an archaeologist that does jobs all over the world, she taught herself to be able to do what normal, middle-class, and independent people do. Her birth family was rich, even though she was mistreated, there were still people to clean her room, wash her clothes and keep them away, and cook for her.

In fact, she had a favourite maid that helped her get through the mistreatment. Her favourite maid's name is Juniper. The brunette had dyed the ends of her hair bluebell but her choice of clothes always had green in some form. If you were to ask Penelope, she'd say she's the human form of what the plant Juniper would look like. Juniper was also the person to help her be independent the moment she escaped from that "childhood home" of hers.

Penelope gave a small quiz for Nari to do to pass the time. As she filled it in, Penelope heard a faint sound of voices coming nearer. She realised it was Reynold with his chosen ward, Ayman Ibn Fadir Jaziri. A name, on Earth, from the Middle East.