"Its a parade inside my city yeah"

Start from the beginning

We went tot he concessions and ordered "hello, can I have a cinnamon pretzel and a regular one" I asked.

"Yeah, would you like Carmel and cheese" the worker asked, "yes please, and then I'd like two strawberry lemonades, a small and large." I said.

"Alright that's 22.19" she said, "damn they taxing in here" I said pulling out my card.

I paid for the food and gave Kaari her drink, "Kaari don't drink too much, save some for later" I said.

I walked us into the locker room to put Kaari's diaper bag down and then walked her into the stadium.

It was really loud in there but we walked towards the front row where gabby was sitting.

"Hey girlss" gabby said as we sat down, "hi tete" Kaari said.

"You excited to see your daddy play" gabby asked, "yeah where is him" Kaari said looking at the court.

"He's right there" I said pointing at Ja who was playing defense. "Oh I see him" she said.

"DADDY!" She yelled but he couldn't hear her, "him ignoring me" Kaari asked.

"No baby, he just can't hear you" I said, "ohhh" she said taking a bug bite out of her pretzel.

As we watched Ja pay a boy from the other team fouled Ja and knocked him down.

Ja got up and started yelling at the boy and getting all in his face.

"Mommy what is daddy doing" Kaari asked me, "I don't know baby" I said.

Ja got pulled from his face and kept playing but he was being really aggressive.

We watched Ja play the rest of the game and the grizzlies won by 17 more points.

When the team walked over to there coach cheering I grabbed Kaari and walked her over to Ja.

"Hii daddyyy" she said reaching for him when she saw him.

"Hey baby, I'm glad you can go see me play" he said, "you so sweaty" she said touching his forhead.

"That's because I'm putting in all this work for you" he said, "hey liv" he said looking at me.

"Hey, good game" I said, "thanks" he said. A reporter walked over to us with a camera and started talking.

"What a great game tonight morant" the reporter said. "Thank you, couldn't have done it without my team" Ja responded.

"who's this" Kaari said looking at Ja with her head on his shoulder.

"This is the reporter" Ja smiled, "Ja you were seen at a restaurant with this beautiful lady and this baby, is this your child" he asked him.

"uhm yeah, this my daughter kaari. Say hi" he said. "Hi" Kaari said shyly.

"Wow, Hello there Kaari, you look pretty" the reporter said.

"tank you" Kaari responded into the mic, "Kaari say it's a parade inside my city yeah" Ja said.

"Its a parade inside my city yeah" Kaari said making Ja and the reporter laugh.

"Again, great game Ja. We'll see you next week" and the reporter ran off.

"Ja whose this" I heard and saw Mrs. Morant standing behind us.

"Hey ma, you remember Olivia" Ja said, "Hi" I said.

"Oh it's been so long, how are you" she said giving me a hug. "I'm good, how are you" I said.

"Im great, you remember Niya" she said grabbing her daughters arm.

"Hey" Niya said with a confused look on her face, "who this little one" Mrs. Morant said point towards Kaari who was drifting off to sleep on Ja.

"That's my daughter" I said, "I didn't know you had a daughter" Mrs. Morant said.

"Yeah we do" Ja said, you could see Mrs. Morants eyes go wide.

"we? is this? now wait" she said grabbing on Niyas shoulder, I thought she was going to faint.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, "daddy I'm tired" Kaari said.

"So this y'all kid?" Niya asked, "yeah" I said. "Ja you had a baby and kept it from me!" Mrs. Morant said.

"Mama can we please talk about this somewhere else" Ja said, "fine, we'll tell your father later too" she said.

We walked out into the parking lot, "talk, now" she said sternly.

"Mrs. Morant when I got pregnant Ja and I were going on two different paths and I knew this would be a lot for him" I started.

"Liv don't cover for me. Ma I left liv to raise the baby alone and that was wrong of me. I never even knew if she actually had it until recently" he said.

"But I'm here now to be a dad and I'm gonna be here for my baby" he said.

"Ja why didn't you tell me she was pregnant" she asked, "I didn't know how you would take it" he said holding a sleeping Kaari.

"I'm just glad I know and your here for kaari now. I finally have grandchildren, I'm tired of Niya's cranky ass" she said.

"Why you gotta put me in this? Ja the one with the secret baby" she said slightly mugging her mom.

"Ja make sure you tell your father, and as for you Liv I hope to see you around much more. For real this time" She said.

Her and Niya walked off and I just looked at Ja, "I think that went well" I smiled.

__________________________________

Kaari met her grandparents but was asleep 😐. Got some good stuff coming for y'all so yeaaa

Comment & Vote 🤍