Chapter 6

A few days later, Hawks being out of the hospital, Tokoyami sat over a rooftop, waiting for the pro hero. He had asked to meet up with Hawks and hopefully help him patrol, since Hawks had decided to continue working after everything that had happened.

Tokoyami was about to turn and leave out of anxiety, when he heard flapping followed by footsteps land on the roof.

"Hey, kid, what did you need to talk to me about?" Hawks asked from behind.

Tokoyami took a deep breath before turning around and facing him. He sighed and walked over to him, rubbing the back of his neck.

"He's really nervous" Dark Shadow spat out.

"I know, and it's okay. Just take your time, kid, I'm here for you." Hawks then comforted, laying a hand on Tokoyami's shoulder.

"Right, um" Tokoyami began. "Hawks, I really don't know how to say this, but in all honesty, ever since I met you...um..." he paused and took in another deep breath. He looked over off the rooftop to see Denki giving him a thumbs up from down below.

Tokoyami then looked back at Hawks, seeing concern in his eyes.

"Ever since I met you..." he began again, now standing up straight. "I always felt close to you, like I've always known you. In a way, I kinda have always known you. Because you are my idol, Hawks, and I worry so much about you whenever I see you hurt or in pain. You're my idol, I idolize you so much, but I also see you as a father I never had. The one that picks me up whenever I fall, the one that always believes in me, the one who is proud of me no matter my mistakes, and the one that never gives up on me and supports me. You are there for me when I'm sad, you're there for me when I need help, and you don't ever give up on me when I want to give up on myself." He explained.

Hawks put a hand over his chest, his eyes growing watery, his face now showing sorrow.

"And...I see you as my father, not just my idol, and I hope it isn't weird" Tokoyami finished.

Hawks then looked around, covering his mouth with his other hand. He tried thinking of words to say before looking back at Tokoyami.

He took in a deep breath before letting his hands fall to his side.

"Oh, Tokoyami, you know I'm sensitive to these kinds of things!" He said, immediately giving him a hug. Tokoyami hugged back, his anxiety vanishing.

"You are like a son to me that I never had, Tokoyami, and you know damn well I'm always going to be here when you need me to be." Hawks then whispered in his ear. "I worry about you all the time, but I know you're going to be ok, I know you're going to be an amazing hero one day, and be here for someone else." He finished.

Tokoyami let go of silent tears as he listened to those words. Hawks's encouragement is all he needed, all he wanted.

"Thank you, Hawks"

______

"So, what did he say?" Denki asked, now walking with Tokoyami.

"Nothing much, but he accepts me as his own son." Tokoyami answered.

"Like father like son, you both are too sensitive." Dark Shadow chirped in.

Denki laughed, Dark Shadow chuckling.

"Ok, whatever, you try confessing something with a lot of anxiety." Tokoyami then said.

"I did, I said you're too sensitive, but I'm not" Dark Shadow laughed.

"It's okay, I understand your anxiety, Tokoyami, Dark Shadow is just teasing." Kaminari said, patting Tokoyami's back.

"I know he is, but thanks anyway for coming, Kaminari" Tokoyami smiled.

"Anytime! Besides, what are friends for? Right?" Denki smiled back.

The two chuckled and went on their way. They stopped and grabbed some food, then they both hung out with Hawks for a bit. The rest of the day was peaceful and quiet at most.

Villains would start attacking soon, and all of the peacefulness will go away. But for now, they enjoyed the little things life had to give them. And that was each other.

Caged birds don't stay caged forever, they're eventually set free. Whatever each caged bird's situation may be, each of them will fly free once again.

Being caged and trapped must come first before the freedom and beauty.

It's never the end, just a new beginning.

                              The End