Chapter 22: Rehearsal time

"Aaron you did what? I'm not an actrice or performer. I can't learn that in just a few hours! That makes me way too nervous." I said.
"I really have faith in you Soph, I think you are amazing on stage. And I'll be with you every step of the way. We are doing this together Soph! You and I." Aaron said in a sweet but convincing voice.
I thought about what Aaron said for a short time.
He really had faith in me, I could see it in his eyes. And to do this together with him would be amazing. I always dreamed of being in a musical, even this was better.. it was Broadway!
"Okay Aaron if you have faith in me than I'll do it!" I said.
He smiled wide and gave me a kiss.
"You're a superstar, I know you can do this!"
I smiled still nervous.
"I have to go home first though to get my clothes for rehearsal. At what time do we have to be at the theatre?"
"As soon as possible. Let me walk Miles first and then we can go to your place to get your stuff and then after we go to the theatre together."

So as he said, Aaron was walking Miles. He already packed his stuff to take to the theatre. I waited for Aaron in his apartment.
30 minutes later Aaron came back and we took off to my place. We took the subway, because that was the fastest way to get there.
Arriving in my apartment I immediately packed my stuff for rehearsal. I packed extra stuff, because I didn't really know what I would need.
I walked back into the livingroom where Aaron was waiting for me.
"I think I have everything." I said not sure of myself.
He walked towards me and put his arms around my waist.
"Soph, you are going to do amazing. I know you are nervous, I also was when I got casted for Rent. But believe me, you have eveything you need and I'm here with you!"
He let go off me and took my hand.
"Are you ready to go?" He asked.
"I think I am. But, Aaron?"
"Yes Soph, tell me."
"What if I need you during rehearsal.. nobody knows about us enjoying each other."
"Don't worry Soph, we will find something when you need me! Please don't worry."
I took his hand stronger than before and said: "Let's go then, I'm ready now!"
He gave me a passionate kiss since couldn't do that in rehearsal.
We walked out of my apartment and walked to the theatre.
When we arrived at the theatre it was 11 am. Still early so we had enough time to rehearse.
Aaron and I walked through stagedoor and we welcomed by Sonya Tayeh, Alex Timbers and some of the swings and ensemble.
"Hi Sophie, we are so happy that you are here. Thank you so much for doing this!" Alex said.
"Yes Sophie, you are so brave! But you are going to rock this!" Sonya said.
"Thank you guys, that's really nice of you to say."
"First we are going to learn you all the dance routines after that we are going to look at your blocking on the stage. And before the show starts, we are going to run through the show quickly so you get the feeling of the total picture." Alex said.
I nodded and smiled. God was I nervous but so excited about this! I couldn't believe what was happening.

I walked with Sonya, the swings and the ensemble to the stage for the dance rehearsal.
We chose Roxanne as the first dance, because if I would nail that one, the rest was easy. Sonya and the rest took me step by step through the dance. Although this song was sang by Aaron, he was sitting in the audience to just watch the rehearsal. I knew he wanted to do that as moral support for me.
Gosh I loved him for that, he was so sweet to me.
The rehearsal for Roxanne went amazing. It felt so good to do this. It was hard, no doubt it really was hard. But accomplish something like this felt good. Aaron couldn't keep his eyes off of me. So this time it was the other way around. He had a very big smile on his face, I could tell he was proud.
Roxanne took us some more than one hour to rehearse. After that we took a short break. I walked to my bag and took my water. I really needed to hydrate. Aaron walked onto the stage straight to me.
"Omg Sophie you are amazing! You're killing it!" He said with a big smile.
"Thank you!" I said blushing.
"Just check your phone when you have time later today, I texted some things that I can't say out loud right now." Aaron winked.
I blushed even more and couldn't wait to get to my phone. But for now the rehearsal was more important and I had to focus myself.
I walked back onto the stage and we started with the other dances I had to learn.
Time ran out very fast, there was so much to learn in so less time.
Before I even knew we were walking through the places I had to stand in different scenes.
And after that we started the run through the whole show. This time Aaron was also on stage to rehearse the show with us.
It felt amazing! Everyone was so kind to me and helping me with everything.
I could tell that everyone was proud of what I achieved today.

The show rehearsal also went by very fast. We were already doing the last number of the show. When we finished everyone cheered and clapped. Most of the castmembers walked over to me. They hugged me and told that I did a very good job during rehearsal. Some even told me that I would kill it in the show tonight.
I went backstage again to see what messages Aaron had left me on my phone. I left my phone in his dressingroom.

Aaron:
Soph you are amazing!!!!

Aaron:
Don't be that sexy when you dance, I can't handle it.

Aaron:
I'm so proud, I really want to kiss you right now!

Aaron:
Soph, the things you make me want to do to you.. you are so so so freaking hot!