Chapter 33- The Earth King

Start from the beginning

"We have to be careful." I murmur. "Long Feng's probably warned the king that we're coming."

"Why would you assume that?" Sokka asked. "If you ask me, I think we're just gonna sail right in and-" A giant rock almost hits us. "Aahh!"

"What was that?" Toph asks.

"Surface-to-air rocks!" Sokka sees more being launched. "More incoming!"

We dodge a few more rocks. One gets launched right at Aang, but he destroys it with his hand. Another is launched at us head on, but Aang slices it cleanly in two by swinging his staff at the rock to augment his earthbending.

Aang launches himself from Appa to the front of the palace and slams his staff into the ground, generating a massive earthen wave to knock back the palace guards.

Appa lands and roars at the captain's ostrich horse, which causes it to drop the captain and run off. As we continue toward the Earth King, more guards appear and launch earth cubes at the gang. Toph and Aang use earthbending to block the attacks, while Katara uses waterbending to subdue the guards.

As more guards rush toward us in an attempt to halt our progress, Toph uses her earthbending to flip the tiles of the walkway, trapping them between them and ensuring a clear passage for the team.

"Sorry!" Katara apologizes. "We just need to get through to see the Earth King!"

More guards appear on the opposite end of a bridge and launch two giant statues at us. Toph and Aang create an earth igloo to block the statues.

Katara creates an ice ramp to jump to the other side of the bridge and water-whips the guards into the water. Aang freezes them in the water as the rest of us all jump across. More surface-to-air rocks appear as guards are coming down a giant staircase.

Toph uses earthbending to change the stairs into a ramp, causing them all to fall. She and Aang use earthbending to escalate everyone up the stairs.

"Seriously, we're actually on your guys' side!" Sokka pauses for a moment. "Sorry."

More guards come and Aang and Toph push them away with earthbending.

"In there!" We enter the palace.

We come to an area with three doors. More guards appear and Toph easily defeats them all.

"Toph, which way to the Earth King?" Sokka asked.

"How should I know? I'm still voting we leave Ba Sing Se." Toph defeats more guards while Sokka opens the doors to find the Earth King.

We arrive at a pile of rubble. Sokka and I climb atop it and see a gigantic door.

"Now that's an impressive door. It's gotta go somewhere." Sokka drops down from the rubble and attempts to kick the door open. "Yaaah!" The door does not move even slightly. Sokka starts trying to push it open, but to no avail.

Toph and Aang jump in from behind and bust the door down, knocking Sokka forward in the process. He starts rubbing the back of his head. "A little warning next time?"

We arrive in the Earth King's chamber with the king sitting on his throne. Long Feng and his Dai Li agents stand in our way. The gang takes a fighting stance against them.

I glared at Long Feng with rage. "I will kill you, for killing Jet. A soul for a soul."

Sokka turned to me as if I were crazy.