She jolted around to look at me as soon as she heard the nickname.

I mean I didn't intend to but, it just kind of slipped out of my mouth.

But soon the surprise on her face disappeared and it got replaced with look of disappointment as she glued her eyes to the ground.

"I don't know...I will be okay...I guess so.." she said as she played with her fingers mindlessly.

I don't know why but in reflex, I held her palms making her lift her eyes as me as I said, "Promise you'll tell me everything that happens between you both-"

"No no! I-I mean it's alright! He wouldn't be that bad haha. You don't have to worry about me. Chill man!"

"How can I chill when I can see how much you're scared of him?"

Her eyes darted back to the wooden floor.

Before either of us could say anything else, a whistling sound interrupted us. It was from Jeonghan.

"I can see you two are super close best friends but unfortunately, you guys need to part off your ways for we gotta do the project, for your kindest information." Jeonghan spat out sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes to his eyes and faced her again.

"Listen, for now sit beside Jeonghan. I'll sit beside Yerin so in that way I can keep tabs on both of you. Alright?"

She nodded her head slowly after a minute.

"Good, now let's go."

And with that, we went to sit beside our 'partners' tables.

Partners my ass.

~[HAEYOON]

I never thought someone would still think of to be friends with me after knowing all the rumours.

But that's what Joshua did.

Words cannot describe the happiness I feel when he shows up in the café or when he texts me at hours when I'm utterly tired and anguished of being bullied and insulted by others the whole day.

His simple yet funny texts always find a way to light me up everytime I'm down.

He is like my serotonin booster.

When he saw bruises on my arms, I could see he didn't buy my lame excuses but he didn't get pushy which I'm glad for.

I cannot tell him that I was hit the previous night for not completing the homeworks of other students just like that. I can't ruin my image in front of him.

Sometimes I felt the urge to hug him tightly and cry all my problems out.

Just like right now.

I wanted to tell him how bad I was scared of Jeonghan and his friends despite ignoring them.

But obviously, I had to hold my urge back.

I have no intention of making myself a weirdo, atleast in front of him.

I gingerly walked up to Jeonghan's seat and quietly sat down beside him.

Atleast Joshua is right in front of me. I somewhat calmed down myself as I thought of it.

"I ain't working out that shit with you. Do it yourself." Jeonghan sneered out as he excused himself to go to the washroom.