2: Crossing paths and nothings goes as planned

Start from the beginning

"O-0h, i d1dnt' see y0u"

It was the shorter of the two that spoke first "⬥︎📫︎⬥︎♒︎□︎ 📬︎📬︎📬︎♋︎❒︎♏︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎✍︎" [Who...are you?]

He was very briefly taken aback hearing windings spoken so easily from the little skeleton. Windings was usually exclusive to Gaster so it was strange hearing them speak it. Fortunately he could understand it just fine.

"✌︎☼︎☜︎ ✡︎⚐︎🕆︎ 🕆︎💧︎✍︎" [ARE YOU US?] The little Papyru asked him wide eyed like he had never seen anything else like him. And Error reasoned that they probably hadn't seen another skeleton before, and he was not a greatest example of one to these children.

"Oh,n0" He could not help the little chuckle and smile at the two of them "1'm jus7...4 strang3r re5ting h3re f0r a m0m3nt"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POV change set a few minutes before they met :))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subject 1 and subject 2 had been running for some time now.

One moment they were in the cell waiting for their next 'test' when someone all yellow with a white coat so much like HIS came and let them out and gestured they follow. They thought they would be tested on again but were surprised seeing they were being led out the door and they saw the outside for the very first time. The yellow monster was trying to talk to them but they couldn't understand her, but were under the impression she was taking them to meet someone based on her frantic gestures...They weren't sure they liked the sound of that so at their first opportunity they slipped away, leaving her behind in that small metal box with walls of buttons.

They had made a run for it and did not stop running, even as they heard shouting and someone trying to follow them.

Everything around them looked so strange and frightening for the two who had never seen anything outside the lab. They saw odd looking people but they did not want to be caught and just kept running until they ran into a place covered in snow and slipped into the tree line. Even as their feet felt frozen, as the bushes scratched at their gowns and their feet or they stumbled and fell to the ground they did not stop running.

They knew they would not be able to run forever and even now they had almost completely run out of steam and would not last much longer. But they just had to keep going for as long as they could.

Subject 1 was so tired and felt so weak that he had mistepped and tripped over a root he couldn't see under the snow and fell face first to the ground. His brother, seeing his state frantically tugging at his arm, pleading with him.

"☝︎☜︎❄︎ 🕆︎🏱︎📪︎ 🏱︎☹︎☜︎✌︎💧︎☜︎ ☺︎🕆︎💧︎❄︎ ✌︎ 👌︎✋︎❄︎ ☞︎🕆︎☼︎❄︎☟︎☜︎☼︎" [GET UP, PLEASE JUST A BIT FURTHER]

Tugging with all his might he helped his smaller brother get back to his feet and seeing how tired he was started looking around them. If they couldn't run any further they needed to hide, but where could they hide where HE couldn't find them?

All he could see was tall towering trees as far as he could see, no hiding places anywhere. Everything was so quiet out here to. But among the heavy silence between the tree they felt something off...something was here with them but they could not see it. Tugging at the hand he was still holding he moved forward and the two brothers kept going though now they walked. After a dozen steps they saw a clearing up ahead and could vaguely make out the shape of something sitting just past the tree line.

Extremely nervous about what they might find they stepped around a tree to get a better look. The two froze as they locked eyes with a person who sat on the ground and looking up as if waiting for them.