And here he is now! I move away from the pretty necklace that I was about to pick up to go and greet Draco who I can see approaching the shop from outside.

But then I freeze when I see he is not alone. For behind him is a grown up version of him, a man who can only be his father.

Panicking, I jump inside a nearby cabinet, swiftly closing the door just as Draco and his father enter the shop. My heart thuds so loudly, I am sure they will hear.

I don't know why I am so afraid to meet Draco's father, but all my instincts tell me to avoid at all costs. I really like Draco, but it stirs something unpleasant in me when he talks about his so called ideals - which can only come from his parents.

I watch through a crack in the door, and observe as Draco goes straight for a withered hand. But before he can reach it, his father digs the top of his cane into his son's shoulder.

"Touch nothing, Draco."

"I thought you were going to buy me a present?"

"I said I would buy you a racing broom."

"What's the good of that if I'm not in the house team? Harri Potter probably won't be either, she's not that good a flier."

Cheers, Draco.

"Fifteen times I wrote to her over the summer," Draco continues to whine as he walks amongst the displays, "and not once did she write back."

Well you can thank bloody Dobby for that.

"I expect she was too busy writing to Weasleby-"

"You have told me this at least a dozen times already," his father snaps, giving his son a quelling look, "and will you quit with this fan behaviour? You're embarrassing the Malfoy name!"

"But you told me to make friends with Harri, and I did, didn't I? But despite that she still chooses Weasley over me! I bet she's with him right now, having a right old laugh about me!"

I am right here Draco you nimwit.

"Well, no one likes a clinger-on, Draco," his father says. "Have some pride, will you? Ah, Mr Borgin."

A stooping man appears behind the counter smoothing his greasy hair back from his face.

"Lucius Malfoy, what a pleasure to see you again."

With Draco's father's attention now on shop talk, Draco continues to browse the shelves muttering moodily under his breath.

"Harri Potter and her perfect hair... Bloody Weasleby..."

Well, this whole eavesdropping experience has certainly been enlightening, I might do it more often.

So, Draco only chose to be friends with me because his father made him so? But despite that, it seems he has spent the entire summer writing to me and talking about me?

I don't know whether to feel angry or flattered.

Finally, they leave the shop, and I am free to escape.

However, when I walk out into the street, I realise that I'm not in Diagon Alley at all! Ah crap.

Luckily, I spy Hagrid who drags me out of the place, tutting at me as though I have found myself here on purpose.

Eventually I am reunited with the Weasleys in Diagon Alley who are now joined by Hermione and her parents (strange... Hagrid told me that Dudley couldn't come with us that first time because of him being a Muggle...).

Hermione looks at me in disgust. Bit rude. But when Arthur Weasley also looks at me and says, "Dear, oh dear," I know I must look a state.

"Did you have a fight with a fireplace?" Arthur chuckles as he takes my glasses off my face and fixes them. I hadn't even realised they were broken.