𝐓𝐖𝐎

Depuis le début

I found a spare seat and decided to sit down, as I pulled out my phone and began playing Snake, attempting to reach a new high-score. I had to beat my current score of 21,037.

I kept my earphones plugged into my iPod, shuffling through the Queen albums I had. Once I found a song I liked and felt like listening to, I left the 'next' button alone.

---

A few minutes passed by before I felt a tap on my shoulder. I removed the earphone from my right ear and looked up, seeing a young boy, roughly fourteen. His hair was cut short, yet he was (as some would consider tall) approximately 5'9.

"You playin' Snake?" He asked, his accent rather obvious.

"Uh, yeah..? Why?"

"What's your high-score?"

I looked back down. The bastard made me die.

"Eh, twenty-one thousand and thirty-seven. You play Snake?"

"I feel as if I'd be living under a rock if I didn't."

"What's your.. high-score?"

"Twenty thousand, eight hundred and seventy-one."

"That's good."

"Not as good as you. May I?" He motioned to the vacant seat beside me.

I was so focused on his facial features and what he was saying, I was yet to acknowledge what he was wearing. He was wearing Stocksbridge High School uniform, too.

"Uh, yeah, sure."

He took a seat. "You new at Stocksbridge?" He glanced at the uniform.

"Ah, yeah.. It's my first day today."

"..You're not from 'round 'ere, are you?" He asked. "You don't sound... Sheffield-ish."

"Oh, I only moved to Sheffield on Friday."

"So, tell me, where are you from?" He seemed quite interested; nobody had ever been interested in information about me before.

"Eh, I'm from Manchester."

"Manchester? You don't have a Mancunian accent."

"Not everyone does, believe it or not."

He laughed.

"What?"

"Wait, you're serious?"

"Yeah... I mean, I didn't live in central Manchester, which is where all the Mancs are, really."

"Oh, right, sorry." He itched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Nah, it's fine," I responded, "Excuse me for a moment," I stood up, leaving my bag there so he'd know I'd come back, and headed to the toilets.

---

Upon my return back to my seat, I noticed the boy I was talking to was now talking to someone else. I went back to my seat calmly and sat down.