0 | PULSE

(Heartbeat, PULSE, get it? Also, I'm gonna need to figure out how 0 is going to behave around regular workers, especially with some things that will get revealed later on in this act of the series.)
(Yes, the dialogue that is not in interaction with 0 or impacted by 0 in any way is from the transcripts of the Episodes.)

_____________

[INITIALIZING]

I woke up to the sound of the pod being worked on, before hearing N yelling as he fell down from his sleeping perch. I flew down, practicing my soft landing. It's gotten pretty smooth so far.

Uzi: "N, found something in here!"

Oh? Uzi probably doesn't know I'm awake yet. I enter the pod before N does to find Uzi and V debating about something that broke the mirror. 

V: "That's weird and concerning."

Uzi: "Bite me. This is probably you weirdo's fault."

V: "I've never seen that symbol before. Wanna do an autopsy to find out?"

N: "What'd you find?"

I move to a corner to process the current string of events.

Uzi slaps N's hat, presumably putting something on it.

Uzi: "Did you know that was a pilot hat?"

N: "I was the PILOT? That's Aweso- I crashed and ruined everything."

N sat there for a split second, before continuing.

N: "Spaceship Pilot. Origin Story."

N made finger guns towards V, who then hissed at him, before turning to the side and blowing bubbles. Right into my face. I move once more, this time to avoid getting attacked by bubbles.

N: "Speaking of piloting to Earth, are we sure murder all humans is 'morality'?"

Uzi, without missing a beat, responded.

Uzi: "The humans sent you without a communication relay and reformatted your memories to soup."

0: "Still doesn't completely justify the extinction of a species. Maybe the company itself, but not the species as a whole."

Uzi ignored my remark and continued fixing up parts of the ship.

Uzi: "Covering their tracks means their past negotiating. Not that they tried negotiating with my mom.

I just stood there, unsure of what to do, also, we needed that wrench, right?

V: "Or you missed the negotiations."

V was pulling against the length of the chain for maximum scare factor. Why does she need to be dramatic here?

V: "The humans programmed us to solve a problem. Where's proof of your backstory? The one where your kind's so conveniently innocent?"

Uzi and V stared at each other for a second, before N dragged Uzi away from V, hoping to try and act as a mediator between the two.

N: "J was getting orders from someone. If not the company through that relay, then who, and how?"

Uzi loaded her annoyance, and backed into N a little bit.

Uzi: "Quit complicating my murder plan."

I looked at N, who tried to calm Uzi with head pats. Uzi slapped his hand away.

We were like this for 5 minutes.
5 Minutes of standing there, doing nothing but look at an angry worker drone.
I've had better uses of my time, for sure, but I just couldn't leave the room after witnessing that. It wasn't until Uzi and N decided to go out for a bit that I was capable of moving. I followed them, of course. The cameras would pick up any disturbances otherwise.