𝟕𝟔 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐞 𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐁𝐲 𝐋𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐲

Start from the beginning

Zachary nods with agreement, "Indeed....it is past time you were rewarded for your efforts," He concurs, firmly while glancing over to the Commander. "I pray that the treasure you seek, sleeps in that cellar in Shiganshina."

Pursing my lips tightly in a thin line, my eyes discreetly glance in Erwin's direction with concern.

*

After the quick rundown and meeting with our progress, we soon headed to a secluded room with Hanji, Commander Pyxis, Commander Erwin, Levi and I. Currently wait for the Premier to arrive, my eyes rested upon the small box with strange tools I've never saw before.

Clearly I understand the syringe part, but the rest was left to the imaginable.

The sound of the door opening and closing, turns our attention to whom was entering. "Looks like I'm late, sorry," The premier apologises, walking over to sit himself on the chair before Levi and I. "Have any luck? Were you able to establish what's in the container?"

Hanji nods, "We have a vague idea, but unfortunately with our technology, I'm afraid we can't dig much deeper," She replies, straightforwardly. "Like we've heard from Eren and Historia, it seems to originate from some sort of human body fluid.......however, it vaporizes when exposed to air, making further analysis virtually impossible to perform."

I hum in agreement, "Clearly, whoever made this, must have extraordinary technology to conduct such a fluid far superior to our own knowledge," assuming the case, despite what little knowledge we knew about titans.

'I just can't imagine how the Reiss family could have managed to do it," Hanji spoke up.

The premier hums in thought, "hmmm........"

"In that case, rather than tamper with it," Pyxis spoke up, suggesting something else. "We should put it to use for our current objective."

"But....to whom do we entrust it?" Zachary questions, the glint in his eyes darken slightly as if he had an idea. Turning to Erwin, "To you, Erwin?"

He shook his head, "No....with my wound, I would be a poor choice," he declines such a suggestion, grasping at the empty sleeve where his missing arm once was. "This syringe, it belongs in the hands of either one of our elite. Someone with the best odds of survival....."

Levi would probably be best choice, despite we know our odds of survival are fifty-fifty. Clearly, I'm not even sure I will make it out alive if something was to happen to me on this mission.

"Akira, will you accept it?"

Glancing up, "Huh? Me?" point to myself, surprised at the thought he would suggest choosing me. "No, I can't......"

"Why is that?" The Commander eyes me, as if he wanted me to give him a solid and confident answer. Clearly I didn't think of myself trust worthy enough, and besides Levi was fit enough to hold such an item.

"Clearly I don't trust myself to hold such an item, but......if it had to become a decision in whom we inject it too...." I began, clearing trying to at least give my part in this. "......then I will support whoever is chosen, but if it's an order I shall do it."

Erwin was hesitant by my response, but gives in and turns to Levi.

"Alright then, Levi, will you accept it?"

"If it's an order, just say so," Levi bluntly replies. "Why even bother asking?"

Erwin adverts his eyes away from him, "When we need to use this, there may not be time to plan," he explains. "We'll be relying on you and Akira to make a decision swiftly, and with little deliberation. Judging when to use it, and on whom, will be your responsibility.....Will you accept it?"