"God, I'm starving!" Matt exclaimed as he locked the car after we got out and slammed the doors shut.

I chuckled as I came up next to him while we were walking to the entrance of the restaurant.

"Whoa!" I exclaimed as I tripped over my own feet and tumbled to the ground.

Matt's eyes widened, and he immediately offered his hand. "Are you okay?" He frantically asked. "Are you hurt? Do I need to call—"

"Matt, I'm...fine," I answered as his blue-gray eyes sparkled and I gently placed my palm on his and interlocked our fingers together.

He started to blush, and I did the same. His face was cute when he showed affection. I wish he felt the same thing for me.

He helped me get back to my feet and stood there for a bit.

"Are sure you're okay? I have some Band-Aids in the car and some cream if you need anything," Matt said.

I didn't hear a single word he said. All I was focused on was our hands being held together at our sides.

I shook my head to get more of those unwanted thoughts out of my head. "What?"

He sighed and let go of my hand that we were holding together. "Nevermind," he said. "Let's go eat,"

I frowned as Matt and I entered the restaurant.

The interior of the restaurant was aesthetically pleasing. I loved the comfortable and cozy farmhouse look, and the muted colors added charm to the design.

"Hello, table for two," Matt said to the waitress at the pedestal.

She nodded her head and entered us into the system. She grabbed two menus and ordered us to follow her to our table.

Matt and I slid into our chairs, which were right across from each other, then the waitress placed our menus in front of us.

"Could I get you two anything to drink to start us off?" She asked as she took out her notepad and a pen.

I glanced at the soft drinks and nonalcoholic beverages on the bottom right on the backside of the menu. "I'll have a raspberry lemonade," I said.

Matt smiled. "I'll have a...uh," his face started to redden again. "I'll have the same thing," he told her, and she nodded her head again and wrote down our drinks.

"Would you like an appetizer to start off with?" She asked.

Matt and I looked at each other. He shrugged.

I looked at the appetizer portion on the menu. The fried shrimp looked appetizing, plus I was really hungry.

"Can I have a basket of fried shrimp with melted butter?" I asked her.

Again, she nodded her head and wrote down what I had told her.

"Alright, I'll have those drinks out for you guys in a second," she says before walking off back to the kitchen.

Matt smiled. "Shrimp lover?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Haven't had shrimp in a while," I said with a chuckle.

He chuckled. "I grew up about an hour away from Boston. I grew up practically eating seafood and other junk," he said as he pulled his hair back.

I blushed as some locks of his hair fell back down in front of his acne-covered face. His blue-gray eyes shimmered against the mood lighting of the restaurant, which only made my small smile widen a bit.

"You're blushing. Again," Matt mentioned.

I blinked twice. "Says who?" I asked him.

He shrugged again. "Says me, since I'm sitting right across from you and can notice everything you're doing," he responded with a smirk.