Chapter 20

This is what Defonzo looks like:

This is Marcus:

"What's going on here, Sirs?" I asked the men at the table

"What's going on here, Sirs?" I asked the men at the table. "Well, hello little lady. I'm Defonzo "Skinny" Palmer." he introduced himself. Another one of the jazz musicians came up from behind Skinny, "This is Marcus "Marbles" Le Marquez." He said introducing his fellow jazz musician. "You have a great voice. Have you ever considered going professional?" Skinny asked me. "Not really sir, my passion is cooking. Singing is just a way for me to relax." I answered politely. "No need for that Sir nonsense sweet pea. You can just call me Skinny, ok?" he said patting my head. "Ok, Skinny. Thanks for the offer though, I appreciate it." I told him.

After that was settled, I sat in between Bart and Lisa at the table. The breadsticks smelled like they had been on the floor, so I didn't eat them and made sure to let Bart and Lisa know not to eat them either.

"Now then, are you Lisa Simpson?" Skinny asked Lisa. "Yes, I am." Lisa gasped in excitement. She had told me that it was always an aspiration of hers to play with a real jazz band. And I hoped this would be her chance. Marcus jumped in and asked, "We were about to play a quick set, and we were wondering if you..." "Yes?" Lisa asked excited at the opportunity she would have. "Lisa Simpson..." Marcus continued. "Yes?" she asked excitedly. "Would do us the honor..." he continued. "Yes!" she exclaimed with joy. "Of sitting in..." he said. Lisa gasped and I could already tell how happy she was. "That chair in the audience." He finally finished. "We wanna jam with your brother." He said. I stayed with Lisa to comfort her through this hard time, as we watched her brother play with the band.