75 | football field

IF YOU CAME UP TO INDIE STEWART and asked her if she believed in love she wouldn't know how to answer.

six months ago she would have said no, it's a pointless hallucination.

but now she would stare at you for minutes with hesitation.

it's a yes or no question so.

yes or no?

maybe.

love was a chaotic thing, made to mend hearts or break them there is no in-between.

her head spun when you asked her this easy question, her fingers began to twitch by her side and the gulp would go down her throat.

it was chaos.

and in the middle of all that chaos was him.

her biggest mistake wasn't falling for him, it was her thinking that he had fallen for her too.

the girl knew love was real, but it seemed like she didn't want to know it.

she knew that love was a fact when someone had said his name and it hurt.

his name hurt.

now if you were to ask matt sturniolo if he believes in love, he'd answer in a second.

yes.

what he felt for that redhead girl he'd known ever since they could talk was something he could never put into words, but love was just one of them.

he was totally and madly in love with her.

he broke his rules for her.

he built his walls just to destroy them all for her.

but if matt sturniolo loved indie stewart so much, why did he always end up breaking her heart?

why does he not even remember the last time he made her smile?

because indie and matt would tell you they believed in love, but that doesn't mean they believe in love that lasts.

the mid of indies stomach peeked due to the small baby tee covering her top half.

the nerves in her body grew faster when she saw his door.

"matt?" indies soft voice runs through the boy's room as his large wooden door creeks open.

his body straightens up and fixing the hem of his shirt still lying on his bed with a barely written.

it had been a few days since him and izzy broke up and honestly, he wasn't taking it well.

not because he was madly in love with her, no he got over her the first hour.

but because she pulled his head to the realization that he really could never get indie out of his mind.

that he will forever and always be in love with her.

"yeah?"

she peeked her freckled face through.

"c-can i come in?"

he nodded in just a second the question was said out loud

the girl hesitates before situating herself on the edge of his bed where he sat in the middle of it.

one of her legs pulled up onto the bed while the other was set down.

"how're you?" she asks in general.

matt's ears flinched at the sound of her voice being so soft, he hadn't heard her not yelling or crying in a while. but now at this moment, all he hears is her voice.