43 | beach house

EVER SINCE INDIE WAS over the age of ten, no one brought the topic of a beach or a lake.

not only will it lead of tears, but not just the tears of the girl.

mary lou, matt, nick, chris, justin and jimmy all cried at the memory of nine year old indigo Stewart.

what happened to her on that winter day was something no one would want to relive.

indies small feet hit the floor of the sand as she hums to you are my sunshine.

it was freezing but she couldnt care less, she loves the beach.

stepping onto the frozen sea she giggles softly.

"you make me happy, when skies are gray." her soft voice perks.

"indie!" matt yells as he runs down the small sand hill with toys in his arms.

"look matty the waters frozen." she yells flaring her arms spinning on the ice.

"be carful!" mary lou tells the girl next to her sons as they walk down.

"oh dont worry about me i c-" indigo was cut off with her high pitch scream.

she falls into the freezing ocean as the ice under her feet did nothing but hurt her.

"indie!" the whole family scream as they all start sprinting to water.

indigo try's swimming up onto the surface but she couldnt find the cracked ice.

her eyes search for the not smooth ice while screams under.

"indigo!" jimmy yells as they all land next to the water.

All reaching their hands trying to find the pale girl.

the redhead stopped trying feeling her arms get weighed down and eyes begin to close.

indigo isabelle stewart never talked of that day since then.

because deep down she knew how terrible it will get.

but indie loved the beach, she truly did. in fact when she was little she had a plan to live by it, you know with her kids and husband, but thats never gonna happen.

and she just wishs that she would have known when the last time was gonna be the last time.

but the girl wasnt ashamed of her phobia in fact she really told anyone before they made plans so they dont take her somewhere with bodies of water.

so you could imagine her surprise when jolene dawson told them that she booked a beach house for all of us.

her heart basically jumped out her chest as she looks around.

but of course jolene already paid and indie wasnt a dickhead.

so there they all were.

nate, jolene, matt, chris, nick and indie all hauled in the minivan driving to the destination.

"im so excited." jolene claps her hand from her seat next to matt who was driving.

they all laugh.

indie gulps her saliva down her throat.

feeling a small hand place on hers.

looking up

it was chris.

he smiles a delicate smile she does one back.

"lets put taylor." indie laughs to them after a while reaching over to the front seat.