"It's too dangerous. I don't know what anyone would even be able to do with what I am. Not to mention how hunters guard any and all types of hospitals like crazy now." Yeosang didn't sound as defeated, but his tone wasn't light like it previously was.

"I have some people that owe me some favors. I can make it happen if you just say the word." Hongjoong emphasized his speech more than before, worry overtaking his demeanor.

Silence.

"I'll think about it." Yeosang muttered, scoffing a little. "I can't believe you still had me talking about it."

"You could've stopped the conversation at any time. I was getting whatever info I could." Hongjoong chuckled, a playful edge to his voice.

"Shouldn't you be interrogating San right about now? I mean...he hardly told you anything about what happened. And for that matter, we don't even know if we're safe or not. We have no idea how many hunters he interacted with, if they're alive—"

"I believe we're safe. Hunters wouldn't leave their town to chase a single vampire. We weren't spotted getting them or leaving anyways. As for knowing what happened, he'll tell me as soon as Wooyoung is awake and can see him. He's preoccupied, and I don't think he'd talk anyways with how worried he is. I don't blame him either. I understand his worry and fear. I think we need to give him some major credit for how he acted instead." Hongjoong spoke as if he was coming from a place of the heart, a sad smile heard in his voice.

"Yeah...you're right." Yeosang let out as a breath, smile also heard in his voice. "I can't believe he controlled himself around the sight and smell of Wooyoung's blood. Yunho couldn't even do that, especially not this early on in the bond forming."

What?

"Like I said, their bond is different." Hongjoong's sad smile seemed to grow. "San has grown a lot in this past month alone. Still, I can't believe how well he controlled himself as well, but I'm thankful we showed up when we did."

"Agreed." Yeosang said in a more solemn manner. "I'm glad I had enough things in my medic bag too, so I was able to get some medicine in both of them." There was a pause for some moments. "I don't mean to bring it up again, but it just worries me that we don't know who attacked them. Or how many there were."

Wooyoung's eyes moved under his lids again. Finally, he was able to open them, only to be blinded by a bright fluorescent light. He physically flinched from the brightness, closing his eyes tight again.

"I think we'll be able to figure out sooner than later." Hongjoong responded with a knowing look. "Thank you for your help Yeosang."

"Of course." The mentioned responded, sounding more upbeat. "Hey Wooyoung, are you with us?"

Wooyoung managed to get himself to hum, though it sounded more like a groan. Mustering some strength he managed to nod his head just enough to be noticeable.

"Should I go get San?" Yeosang asked quietly, almost as if it was taboo.

"Not yet, let's give him a bit to readjust." Hongjoong replied in the same volume he's been using, not catching the memo of keeping his voice down.

Reopening his eyes, Wooyoung managed to keep them open this time. He looked around immediately, finding both Hongjoong and Yeosang to be on his left, the leader closer to his head, the medic by his leg. Looking around further, they seemed to be in some kind of makeshift hospital room, walls and such still consisting of different shades of grey, but filled with things he'd expect to see in an actual hospital.

"Where are we?" Wooyoung managed to ask, voice hoarse to the point it hurt to speak.

"Back at the base. You're safe." Hongjoong said simply, showing a friendly smile. "This is our medical bay, it's on the first floor."