Chapter 17 - The Dinner

-Cassidy's POV-

Care "had" to update my look for the dinner. I wore the same clothing, but she added a little more make-up, darkening it for night.

At precisely 5 o' clock, there was a knock on the door. I glare at Care, making sure she stayed seated. She raises her hands in surrender, and I head to the door.

I take a deep breath, and then open the door. There stood Elijah, in a suit, as always.

He offered a small smile when I opened the door.

"Cassidy. You look lovely as always."

"Thank you. You look handsome in your suit, as always." I replied smiling. He smirked.

"Care, I'm leaving. I'll see you tomorrow." I called.

"Bye, CassBass. Have fun!" she called back. I grinned then headed out the door. I thought I heard Elijah chuckle, but I couldn't be sure.

He opened my car door and shut it behind me, per usual. He then got in and drove. We drove in silence to the Boarding House. Once there, he helped me out, and tucked my arm under his and lead me to the door. He knocked and a few moments later, Damon answered the door. He smirked at us both.

"Good evening Elijah, Cassie."

"Damon." Elijah greeted. I just glared, causing Damon to smirk wider.

"Please come in." Damon said, stepping aside.

"Thank you. But just to be clear. If you are planning anything for tonight, know that I can and will kill everyone here, including Jenna." Elijah threatened, staring at Damon straight faced. I looked at him in shock.

"Noted." Damon replied, scowling. Elijah nodded, and started to walk away.

"I'll be right there." I said, turning back to Damon. Elijah nodded, and went into the dining room, greeting Jenna as he went in.

I scowled at Damon. "What are you doing? Are you planning to hurt Elijah?" I questioned.

"Relax, Red. Everything is fine." Damon said, smirking. I glared at him.

"Whatever. Don't do anything stupid, though I don't think you are capable of doing that." I growled.

Damon's smirk faded, and he stepped over to me.

"You have forgiven everyone else. Why not me?" he questioned.

"You have done more to me than the others. You compelled me on numerous occasions, you put me in danger many times over, you even fed from me!" I whispered, not wanting the others to overhear those things.

"Okay, okay. But you can't hate me forever." Damon said.