05

RYAN APPROACHED THE TRAINING room as the bickers of Jason and Gar echoed throughout

" Everything okay? You guys sound like an old married couple. " Ryan teased just as Rachel and Dick appeared from behind her.

" Should I get the hose? " Rachel chimed in, causing Ryan to chuckle.

" What's going on? " Dick asked.

" We did what you asked, the blind fold thing, and then he went nuts on me. " Jason explained.

" He said don't hold back. " Gar retorted, defending himself.

" Why do we even learn to fight like this, man? " Jason asked, eyes landing back on Dick. " It's idiotic, we have eyes. "

" In battle, anything can be taken from you. " Dick explained. " Your hands..." Quickly, he went to grab hold of Jason's wrist twisting it sideways to grab hold of the wooden rod Jason was holding.

Wordlessly he turned his attention to Gar. He swung towards him, which Gar gracefully blocked, before Dick stabbed the mat in front of the teen. He just narrowly missed his toe. " Your feet.."

Dick, quickly, turned and twisted the rod in Rachel's direction. The sharp end just inches from her face, but Rachel never flinched. " And your eyes. "

" It's the same reason why Ryan trains just as much as you guys. Even though, she is stronger, faster, and more durable than a majority of our opponents. Those things could all be taken from her, anything can be taken and you must keep fighting and win. "

The teens all listened patiently, staring at their teacher. Ryan had been in a similar situation as Jason. Not understanding why she had to train so hard if she could rely on her brute strength but Dick was right. Anything can be taken away.

" All right, go change. Attack scenarios in the tech room in five minutes. Then breakfast. " Dick ordered.

Rachel, Gar, and Ryan all nodded their heads before walking out the room.

" So, you went all nutso on Jason back there? " Ryan teased, glancing over at Gar.

It had been three months since the group moved into Titans Tower. Ryan still feel the guilt of hurting Gar deep inside her, but he continued to remind her that he had already forgiven her.

His kindness only caused her to like him more and more.

She had a full blown crush on him.

" Listen, he told me not to hold back. " He retorted. " How was I suppose to know he didn't actually mean that? "

" I believe you. " She responded, placing a hand on his shoulder and leaning a bit closer to his ear. " I'm sure he deserved it anyway. " She added, sending a wink his way.

Gar couldn't help but smile at the girl's physical contact. He was finally able to not turn as red as a tomato when Ryan touched him, but he still felt like his heart was going to burst out of his chest every time she was within arms reach of him.