CHAPTER 8

SIX MONTHS AGO

Mexico, Las Almas

Many people who work with this kind of person told me not to come here. El Sin Nombre is one of the most powerful leaders in the cartel industry. He is dangerous. Do not go to him. You will regret it.

These are some of the things I've heard about this nameless guy. But you know what? He does a great fucking job, and I want in. Greece is a great place to sell drugs and guns. It is connected with Asia and Europe. And trust me, both continents pay a ton of money for both. And with me in the military, it will be easy to do business. He would be stupid to refuse this alliance.

Finding one of his places was so fucking hard and expensive. You can't imagine how much I had to pay to get some information about him. Everyone was afraid to speak. And it is normal. You never know who you can trust.

Everything is so different here. There are guns and drugs everywhere. The cartel is trying to win over the children by giving them balloons and ice cream. In many buildings, you can see that they have painted 'El Sin Nombre' with different things around it. This man is like a god to them.

I was now walking towards a bar called La Fantasia. Let's hope my informant was telling the truth. He told me to speak to the barman and ask for a meeting with El Sin Nombre. He also told me to give them some cocaine if needed. They'll need to see that you can be trusted.

I was now inside and looking around. I went to the counter, and the barman came. He was taller than me, and he had a honeyed eye color. He must be in his thirties, just a few years older than me.

"Señora, ¿cómo puedo ayudarle?" ("Miss, how can I help you?") He said it with a smile on his face.

"Necesito una junta con El Sin Nombre." ("I need a meeting with El Sin Nombre.")

Have you ever seen in movies when someone goes into a bar and says something that he is not supposed to say and everyone around him puts down what they are doing, looks at him, and some come close to him? Yeah, that's what's happening right now. Am I scared? A little. Do I show it? Of course not.

"El Sin Nombre no está interesado en hacer un trato contigo." ("El Sin Nombre is not interested in making a deal with you.") A bold man said.

"¿Está El Sin Nombre aquí con nosotros esta noche? Porque no me interesa hablar con sus malditos secuaces." ("Is El Sin Nombre with us tonight? I am not interested in talking with his damn minions.")

"Es mejor si te vas." ("It's better if you leave.") He said that and put his hand on my shoulder. I put mine on top of his and grabbed it, bringing him forward. His head was now on the counter.

"Estoy aquí por negocios. No tengo tiempo para tu mierda." ("I'm here for business. I don't have time for your bullshit.") I said, and I heard the safety of guns being pulled down. I released the man and took a step back with my hands in the air. I turned to look at them. "Solo dame un segundo para probarme a mí mismo." ("Just give me a second to prove myself.")

"Sigue." ("Go on.") A man said this from the crowd in front of me. I brought my right hand to the pocket of my jeans and pulled out the small bag with the cocaine. I showed it to them. I assume that it was the man who spoke who came forward. When he was about to take the bag from my hands, I pulled it back slightly.

"¿Cuándo puedo hablar con él?" ("When can I speak to him?")

"Él no está aquí en este momento." ("He is not here at the moment.")

"¿Y dónde está él?" ("And where is he?")

"Prisión." ("Prison.")

"¿Y por qué sigue encarcelado? ¡Deberías haberlo liberado ayer, pendejos!" ("And why is he still imprisoned? You should have released him yesterday, assholes!")