"Oh you have a sister? How sweet! How old is she?"

"2-21... she'll be 21..this year."

"Lovely! Why don't you bring her here someday? I'd love to meet her!"

"I wish I could..."

"Huh...sorry what?"

"I said she can't come."

"Why?"

"She's not here."

"Oh..where is she? In LA?"

"Uh...y-yeah..."

"Oh I see. Can you please bring her here when she's back? Please please please?? She seems to be a lovely person."

Stop being so cute Haeyoon. You're already driving me crazy.

"And what makes you think so?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"You are a nice person to chat with so your sibling must radiate similar energy too hehe!"

There was a visible sparkle in her eyes.

There was hope in her eyes.

She was neither cold nor rude.

She was a cheerful and jolly person.

Maybe she's just too nice to protest the allegations against her.

She's so cute.

"Hah you're very funny!"

"I know. That's my talent." she said as she dramatically flipped off the few strands of her long hair that rested on her shoulder.

"Aren't you gonna leave for school? Only 20 minutes are left."

"Not without you." her eyes almost popped out on hearing that.

"Huh?? S-sorry what?"

"I said are you done with your shift?"

"Uh no, a few more tidbits to do and then I'll be done."

"Okay. Go finish up your tasks so we can quickly leave for school."

"Okay but y-you don't have to wait for me. I might take longer-"

"I ain't leaving without you. The longer you try to convince the late we'll be. Now chop chop." I tried to utter the last two words in the same way the manager saud yesterday.

"Hah you're a funny guy too!"

"I know. That's my talent." I tried to copy her style of hair flipping as I watched her disappear inside the kitchen.

"Let's go let's go let's go!!" I suddenly saw her running towards me from the washroom while I was playing on my phone.

Before I could even hang my bag properly over my shoulders I felt my wrist being seized by her as she dragged me out of the caféteria.

Wait a minute.

Did she just hold my hand?

Is that possible?

'Stop. Stop overthinking Joshua. It's nothing. It's definitely nothing.' I continued to repeat the words in my mind as I still tried to process that.

"Woah woah woah calm down girl! You're gonna win Olympics at this speed! Gosh slow down!"

"What do you 'slow down' ?? We're left with only 10 damn minutes Joshua!! You don't wanna get it detention, do you?" she panted out her words as she ran and also, dragging me along.