1: Falling in the abyss and meeting what lurks below

Start from the beginning

Then just as sudden as it had started it was all over and Error was left on the ground in his own blood, many of his attackers laid on the ground from exhaustion from wearing down their magic as the world around them started to crumble under their feet. the amount of magic attacks had caused so much damage to the AU and it could not longer handle the damage

The next moments were a flurry as Ink and the remaining council that were still standing gathered their friends and left into a portal leaving Error alone.

When everyone was gone and the void started to creep into the Au Error tried to get up, coughing up blood and his body was wracked with pain from his injuries. He almost couldn't do it but he forced himself to get onto his feet, almost collapsing again as the world shook. and with a wake of his hand he tore a portal through the air and dragged himself out as the AU was reduced to nothing right at his heels as the portal collapsed behind him when he was on the other side leaving the AU to it's fate.

From his narrow escape from the ambush and dying world he went straight to Outertale where he now took his rest, sitting under the stars as he tended to his wounds. His feet were left to rest over the edge of the rocky cliff, dangling above where an opening to the void sat under him. It was a slow process of wrapping his bones over his cuts and break, trying to ignore the blood that left films over his bones from the still leaking cuts.

Eventually he had finished but continued to sit there and instead turned his attention toward the stars and galaxies he could see from this perch. He had always loved the stars like many Sanses did so it was only natural that outertale was his most favored AU to take shelter after an attack like the one he just went through. Here no one bothered him and he could tend to his injuries in peace and see the stars as much as he wanted. It was so much better than the unfriendly whiteness of the anti void he called 'home' that was more of a prison if he was honest with himself.

As Error traced the constellations in the sky and counted the stars he had gotten so carried away that he had missed the tell tale prickle of magic of someone portaling nearby. Assuming it from the chill blowing through his ratted clothing so he just wrapped his scarf tighter around himself. He would miss the feather light steps of someone creeping up behind him where he sat still lost in the stars. He would only notice and curse his own obliviousness when he felt hands shove hard at his back and turned to see the red target eyelights of Ink behind him for just a moment as he tipped over the edge.

For a moment it all moved so slowly, Error quickly realized what was happening and for a fleeting moment he saw himself latching onto the rock edge that was still in reach, he could save himself from falling into the abyss if he acted right now. But...then he saw himself just letting him fall, fall down in the void as it sat with it's dark maw open wide below him, waiting for him, hungry. He would be swallowed up and his soul would be consumed and chattered across time and space and for a brief moment, he wondered how that would feel...

In that shortest of moments a hundred thoughts came to his mind, all the scenarios of what would happen to him whether he fell or lived but, in the end...he chose not to catch himself on that edge, letting himself fall and let the void take him

He did not thrash, he did not scream and he did not cry as he fell

Falling

down

down

down...

Even as the void grew closer and closer nipping and clawing at him, excited to take him and tear him apart like it had so many souls before him, even then he felt no fear.

He was just tired and he accepted his fate.

The void wasn't like anything Error was told it would be.

In the void it's cold and dark with nothing above or below him as he sunk downwards into it's endless depths like heavy stone thrown into a calm, dark ocean. Here there was nothing, there was no time so he would not know just how long he drifted downwards.

Error had expected pain, prepared himself to feel the void tear him apart and leave nothing left but strewn code of what he used to be.

But it never came.

If anything this was...peaceful. He admitted.

Here for the first time his mind was quiet, no voices screaming in his skull till it split, yelling about his duty, to destroy. For the first time in...so long his mind was still and calm, has it ever felt this quiet for even a moment in all his years of life? As he sunk he felt his body drift further away from him, he could no longer feel the buzz of his magic or the chill of the never ending darkness that was welcoming him down. In this place he felt no pain as it was left behind in his battered and broken body that felt so far away.

This was nice, like he was just simply falling asleep, and he was so tired. His eyes feeling heavy with how calm he felt here and started to sink shut.

In the short moments before his eyes fully close he had not expected to feel something against the body he's left behind and all of a sudden he's back into his body but felt no less calm and felt no fear.

It was warm, like the sun on a warm sunny day, the warmth of another person against him. The sudden warmth brought hands grasping him from below and then to cradle him in their arms as if he was just a babe safe in their mother's loving embrace. The feeling made him feel drowsy and relaxed so he gladly sunk further into their arms as the warmth embraced him.

He would almost miss the gentle tone of a voice speaking to him as they held him as he finally fell into a deep sleep.

"My poor child, i am so sorry you lived a life so full of pain but it's ok now, i'm here, my little one you've been so brave, rest now"

Error would hear nothing more after that as he slept blissfully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~POV switch~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destiny was waiting below the void to catch Error when he fell, as she had been watching him for a long time and waiting for her time to step in. Of all of their sisters creations, it was Error she felt most for, favored more than others, he was her champion. She felt so much guilt at how he had been treated by Fate's own champion, who was unruly and could not hear them and had gone undisciplined for far too long. The champion who had just pushed her own into a terrible fate in the void.

But that didn't matter now, she had him now and she would do whatever it took to protect him.

"Look at you..you must have been so tired" She cradled her chosen close and smiles down at his sleeping face when he had so easily fallen asleep in her arms.

A selfish part of her wants to keep him in her arms and have him stay her forevermore, but she knew he could not stay here, his body would not last as he was no deity. But, fortunately she had planned something beforehand so she quickly strolled away from the multiverse under Fate's control that had rejected her chosen. She had just the place to put him where she hoped he would be able to recover and heal and finally be able to live the life he had been denied.

It took no time to reach the multiverse she had set aside, a small and very juvenile multiverse that she hoped would suit Error quite nicely. A place she was sure would give Error the love and care he never had from his own and live as peacefully as he wished.

As her last act she held Error just a little tighter and placed a kiss on his forehead and murmured a gentle farewell and placed him inside. She continued to watch from outside, waiting to see how her champion settles into his new home.

A short while later, Error wakes up, alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope this came out alright! honestly i haven't written fanfiction or anything really since high school but i had so many idea of fanfics and original stories i wanted to write. This just happened to be my most recent brain child and so i thought it might be a good way to get back into it.

Might be good, might be bad, i just want to try something fun. 

This chapter was going to be a lot longer, but i decided to split it into a couple chapters instead of having one extremely long chapter.