17. "I'm getting too attached to you, Kitten."

Start from the beginning

I had so many questions ask him.

What did Tommy mean about information about Carter's mom? I thought Carter's mom remarried and moved away. Is this what Carter does? Finding out where Mrs Cale is?

What tommy had said earlier, reminded me how much it was my fault.

'Carter you picked her instead of finding out about your mom'

Carter should have picked his mom, I'm just no one to him.

I take a deep breath in and out, I don't know how Carter's going to react.

"What Tommy said earlier on, why did you pick me instead of your mom?" his head snapped towards me.

He gave me are-you-insane look.

"Wow! Definitely not the response I was hoping for."

I raised an eyebrow while looking at him. "Oh really? What response were you hoping for?" I looked at him teasingly.

"Oh Carter thank you for saving my life, you're so strong and hot as fuck!" he said in a girly voice which made me burst out in to laughter.

He joined in.

"Ha-ha very funny!" I said sarcastically.

"But you laughed?" he said confused, his brows creased which made him look cute.

What the hell am I saying?!

Carter's is not cute, he is the bad guy and you're supposed to stay away from bad people.

But I can't with Carter.

What is happening to me?

"You okay?"

I looked up. "Pffttt yeah!" I said awkwardly slapping his arm.

"Okaay." He trailing.

Oh god, he thinks I'm weird now.

Wait when did I start caring about what Carter thought about me.

"You wish I said that to you." He barked out of laughter as I joined in with him.

He changed the subject. "You are definitely turning stupid." My mouth fell open, he turned to face me and saw my expression and chuckled lightly.

I rolled my eyes, I cross my arms over my chest. "Come on, tell me. What's going on?"

He looked at me and raised an eyebrows. "Are you turning into my therapist." He teased.

I uncrossed my arms, I blush. "What no!  of cours- wait you have a therapist?"

Carter nods as he pulls something out from his pocket, I realise it was a packet of cigarette.

"I thought you would have stopped smoking."

He lit his cigarette and blew out some smoke. He chuckled. "Kitten I don't stop smoking."

I don't look at him. "Why?"

I feel his stare on me. "It helps with somethings."

I could never understand Carter.

"What things?"

"Things that you could never understand." He says sighing.

"Try me." I pushed.

I stop which causes him to stop.

He doesn't say anything which makes me look up at him.

I stare at his dark brown eyes. "You have pretty green eyes." He says, I gulp and feel heat crawling up my cheeks.