Final battle, welcome my heartless self

I feel that my heart stopped and my breathing died down.  The burning inside my chest didn’t stop. Madame Angel laughs. “Look at your face, you want to kill me?”

She brings out her hand. “Do try.”

Purple lames formed around me and I felt really different. Kenta already kills Mikami and looks over at me. He looks shocked. “Karin, did you change clothes?”

I look down to see that I was wearing a black dress, I felt my hair and it reaches to my knees. The burning feeling didn’t die in my chest. I look down to see a black katana near my feat. I pick it up in confusion and flip it around to see something graved into it. “Death Scythe II”

Madame Angel eyes grew in anger. “That was supposed to mine!”

Red flames swarmed around her. Each step that she took the red flames followed behind her. She turns around to Light. “Give me your Death Scythe.”

Light sighs and throws the Death Scythe over to her. She catches it and her left eye burns in red flames. I glared at her and laughed. “Your eye is burning.”

She laughs back. “So is yours kid.”

I felt my left eye and a soft warm feeling tickled my finger tips. Madame Angel stands a couple feet away from me. “Let’s end this.”

She taps the ground and the room changed. The ceiling was checkered tile and I was standing on a huge cross. Madame Angel laughs. “Do you love this place? It is what your father made.”

I dash towards her and try to slash her shoulder, but she blocks. “Stop talking, it’s annoying.”

She pushes forward with her Death Scythe. I lost my balance on the cross, but I got back up.

“I always hated you!” Madame Angel slashes at me continuously, but after the second slash I blocked them. “When you were born, your father knew you were the Death Scythe heir!”

SLASH!

 Pain hits my legs, but it was a small cut.

 “He didn’t love me! Your father wanted the next generation!” Her face looks like she was going insane. “He kicked me out and now, I enjoyed killing your lover!”

I slashed her leg with anger force. “Shut up!”

 Madame Angel screams and then snaps her fingers. Kiyoshi appears in front of me with a cell phone, with the most confused face. The hatred still controlled my senses. “Move out of the way human!”

But, he was still confused. “I just got Misa’s call.”

I couldn’t take it anymore. I jab his stomach and it jabbed through Madame Angel. Kiyoshi falls to the ground and looks up at me. “Why?”

I point my katana at him. “Join with your cousin. Misa’s been waiting for you.”

Kiyoshi sighs and after he passed on, I closed his eyes and set him down. Madame Angel looks over at me and smiles. A motherly smile that I never got, in my life. “I love you.”

Madame Angel disappears and so does the room. The moon shines through the chapel’s window and I look up at the moon. “You’re a liar.”

L, you’ve been avenge. I felt a tear roll down on my face.

I hear footsteps and turn around to see Kenta looking down at Kiyoshi’s dead body. “Why’d you do it?”

The flames died down on my left eye and around me. I felt my hair grow back to when I when I was a full shinigami. The dress disappeared and replaced with a black coat jacket dress. I can feel my powers coming back to me. I feel really empty and heartless. Dad was right, I achieved all three lives. Happiness and Love, Hatred and Revenge, now I have the Heartless and Emotionless life, I really feel hollow inside my soul.

“Life has a deadline, always.” I said. Kenta walks over to me and hugs me. “Let’s go back to the orphanage.”

I push him away a little. “Home is in the Shinigami Realm.”

“What happened to Light Yagami?” I asked.

Kenta shrugs. “He left.”

I ignore him and walk to the doors of the chapel. Looking around to see the half breeds dead on the ground, I spot one certain body. It was the boy who bullied me when I was a half breed. I kick his head. “Who’s alive now?”

Matt and Mello walks over to me, tired as heck. Matt drops his machine gun and looks up at me. “What took you so long?”

Mello glares at me. “Yeah and why are your eyes red? Your hair got longer too!”

I gave them a blank look. “I’m a full shinigami now and it’s time for me to go back to the Shinigami Realm.”

Matt and Mello gave me a sad expression. “You’re really leaving, Karin?” I hear Near speak over the ear piece on my right ear. I sigh. “Yes, goodbye Near.”

I take my ear piece off and give it to Mello. “Goodbye Mello.”

I turn to Matt. “Goodbye Matt, don’t spend allot of your time on games.”

Matt lights his cigarette and puts it in his mouth. He blows out and sighs. “Don’t tell me what to do, but I’ll try to stop the smoking habit. That’s what you wanted when we first met.”

I smirk. “Thanks, Matt. Kenta we should go now.”

Kenta was standing near the doors of the chapel. “Yeah, let me visit X. You can go before me.”

I stare at him with no emotion. I shrug and spread my black feather wings. “Fine, whatever you want.”

I flap my wings and fly up to the night clouds. Feeling the clouds with my finger tips as I fly near it, I see the entrance to the Shinigami Realm. I fly into it and land on the lonely sand. “I’m back.”

I put my hands into my pockets as I walk to the shinigamis that gamble bones. I felt something cold and take it out.  Two strawberry rings, one red and one white sparkle in my hand. I make a fist, holding it as I drop my arm. I felt so alone. I put it back in my pocket and walk over to the gambling spot.

One of them notices me. “Oh, Karin do you want to gamble?”

The other one laughs. “Yeah right, like she ever will. She hates it, remember?”

I sit down in the middle of them. “Let’s gamble.”

We gambled a little and I sometimes won, since it was my first time. A gust of wind made the gamble messed up. “Karin.”

I knew that voice, but I didn’t turn around. “What is it, my king?”

My father laughs at what I said. He leans down near my height and sees the katana with ‘Death Scythe II’ on it. “You achieved it. It looks better than the first.”

I nod my head and try to gather the gamble pieces back in one place. My father pats my head. “You know that human that looked interesting?”

“Yes, Light Yagami caught your eye a few years ago when he stared killing criminals.” I give back the gamble bones to one of the shinigamis. I stand up to face my father, putting my hand in my jacket pockets. “What do you want from him?”

“It’s not what I want from just him, but from both of you.” My father said with a big smile.

I still stare up at him, without a clue.

“I want you and Light to get married.” He looked like the happiest shinigami I’ve seen. “I want him to be next heir for King of the Shinigami Realm.”

I grab the two rings in my pocket of my love past. I show no sadness in front of my father. “As you wish, my king.”