The Next Day...

Alec woke up early. He got up and leaned over Aurelius's bed to discover that he was still sleeping. He silently made his way out of the room. Once he was out in the hall, he took his phone out and called the Institute to prepare for a twin bonding ceremony.

He finished the call and went to the kitchen where everyone else was waiting. Izzy looked up from her breakfast and burst out laughing. Alec looked at her in confusion, and she pointed behind him. He turned and saw a half-asleep Aurelius with a serious case of bedhead right behind him.

Aurelius shuffled into the kitchen and over to Magnus, who had a mug of coffee waiting for him. He didn't say a word as he took his mug and downed the whole thing in two gulps. Everyone was surprised that he had drunk it so quickly. Magnus barely held back a bark of laughter at everyone's faces. The shadowhunters and a warlock with insomnia ate their breakfast in peaceful silence. Aurelius had been forced by Izzy to sit in between her and Alec.

After breakfast had been finished and the table cleared. Everyone went to go get freshened up, and Magnus let Izzy borrow some makeup. Izzy went over to Aurelius's door and knocked on it. He opened it, and Izzy gasped in fashion horror. He was wearing a ratty tank top with ripped-up jeans. Aurelius looked at Izzy in confusion.

"What's wrong, Iz?" Aurelius asked.
"Please tell me that is not what you're wearing today," Izzy questioned.
"Yes?" Aurelius hesitantly answered.

Izzy shook her head and shoved herself through his door, and marched herself into his room. She found his walk-in closet and squealed in happiness. She then went to work, finding an outfit and selecting some accessories that went with it. Aurelius stood uneasily outside his closet, wondering what Izzy was doing. She finally came out and abruptly handed him some clothes.

"Put these on immediately. I don't think I stand looking at the monstrosity that you're wearing a moment longer." Izzy demanded.
"Why would I wear anything but comfortable clothes if I'm not doing anything today?" Aurelius retorted.
"It doesn't matter if you're doing anything or not. You should always dress like you're going to do something or go somewhere."

Aurelius sighed and then realized that Alec was in his bathroom getting dressed. Izzy looked at him expectantly. Aurelius rolled his eyes and ripped his top off, much to the surprise of Izzy. She scanned him and was very impressed.

He was in very good shape and had a full eight-pack. He looked like a combination of Jet Li and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Izzy could see that his ribs poked out a little bit more than normal, but she knew that he was still recovering from multiple years of malnourishment. She smiled at him in encouragement and gestured for him to get dressed.

Aurelius looked at her and sighed. He begrudgingly put on a dark purple button-down, black slacks, a black vest with purple embroidery, and black dress shoes with purple socks. Izzy gave him some rings and earrings with silver chains attached to them.

Then she forced him to conjure up a vanity with a chair and put makeup on him. She gave him a simple smokey eye, concealing his dark circles, a little foundation, and contour. She pulled most of his hair into a textured slick back, but let pieces of his bangs hang down and in his face.

She finally stepped back and made him give her a twirl, and she nodded her approval. Alec finally came out of the bathroom, much to Aurelius's displeasure. He glared at his brother while Alec innocently shrugged.

The three siblings left the room and went to the living room. Magnus was waiting in the living room with Jace and Clary. Magnus noticed Aurelius's outfit and smiled with approval. It made him happy to see Aurelius wearing the clothes that he bought for him. Alec went over to Magnus and whispered in his ear to put the portal in a specific spot. Magnus nodded, although he was quite confused.

Aurelius stood back a bit from the group and watched Magnus create a portal. What happened next he wasn't expecting. Alec suddenly grabbed and pulled Aurelius through the portal. Magnus wasn't prepared and tried to get Aurelius back, but the portal immediately closed.