Outside the City of Bones...

"So we found something," Jace informed everyone.

"What do you mean by something?" Alec questioned.

"Someone removed my memories," Clary muttered.

"Who?" Alec questioned again, getting impatient.

"Someone named Aurelius Bane?" Clary questioned.

"Magnus Bane's younger brother?" Izzy piped in.

"You know him?" Clary exclaimed.

"Know of him would be more accurate. Magnus Bane is extremely protective of his brother, which is very odd behavior. He keeps him away from everything he can in the Downworld and from the Clave. We only know his name and that he's Magnus's younger brother because Magnus told us." Jace explained.

"So how do we find him?" Clary inquired.

"We don't. Aurelius Bane can't be reached. You might as well say goodbye to your memories." Alec snarked.

"Alec, cool it. There's a way we might be able to get to Aurelius. We simply go through Magnus." Jace replied.

"Okay, how?" Clary asked.

The three Shadowhunters and the short redhead drove back to the Institute. Jace led the group to the armory and opened a safe in the floor containing a bright, almost glowing, red ruby necklace. Izzy was entranced, Alec was his usual annoyed, sarcastic self, and Clary was very confused.

"This is how we're going to get to Magnus Bane? A shiny necklace?" She said doubtfully.

"Never underestimate the power of nostalgic greed." Jace teased.

"Alright, let's get this over with," Alec muttered.

The group of four changed into more appropriate clubwear and headed over to the Pandemonium where they had arranged a meeting with Magnus. He was surrounded by other downworlders in the V.I.P. section. A downworlder offered him a drink, and he took a sip while watching Alec look for him. Alec caught his attention, and he smirked to himself.

He got up from where he was sitting and sauntered over to the group. He saw Alec and scanned him, making it very obvious that he was checking him out. Alec shifted from one leg to the other, embarrassed but happy at being the center of someone's attention. Magnus then lazily looked over at Jace, expectation written on his features.

"Well, shadowhunter, you arranged for another meeting. What do you need this time?" Magus smoothly questioned.

"I need to see your brother Aurelius," Clary stated.

"Aurelius? How do you know him? I've kept him quite protected from shadowhunters." Magnus inquired, looking confused.

"He took my memories. I want them back." Clary demanded.

"Ah, you must be Clarissa Fray. He's told me a bit about you. He'd be very surprised to see you."

"Well, we need to see him. Here, if you take us to Aurelius, you can have this back." Jace interrupted.

Jace held out the ruby necklace, and Magnus took it, inspecting it for authenticity. He smiled and closed his eyes as he held it close. He then looked at the four shadowhunters and nodded. He led them to a quieter area where he created a portal back to his lair.