🌛Metal Music 🌛

Start from the beginning

-----------------------~♤~---------------------

As we drive away from our old life I look out the window at the passing trees melding into on big green stripe. I begin to wonder what our new life will be like. Maybe our past won't follow us here like the last town. We continue to drive as I think back on what the last town was like.
Flashes of my friends faces and fun times we had together start to run in my mind until one in particular starts.

I walked into my school the day after my family's affiliations were revealed and all eyes felt like they where on me. Walking to my locker, I pass my friends, then wave hello. As I do so, a look of disgust crosses all of their faces. They all turn away and walk the other direction, I knew this would happen, everyone I knew and loved turned on me again. "Looks like we need to move again," I say silently to myself on my way to first period.

The cars stops with a jolt. My parents unbuckle and get out I stay behind for a bit shaking away the memory. "Maybe for once the past won't come back to haunt us." I say optimistic for the new life here in Nockfell. I unbuckle and head out of the car turning to go to the trunk and grab my bag. My father speaks up, " The moving trucks should be here tomorrow so it looks like we have a whole day of exploring ahead of us." my other parent nods in agreement as we head inside the complex.

---------(time skip cause I'm lazy)----------

I step back to the doorframe of my room and look what I have set up for the night, a twin size mattress, some small pillows, a blanket, and a lamp. Its not much but it'll do for tonight hopefully my bedframe is in the moving van tomorrow or I'm going to be sleeping on the ground for a while. I walk out of my room into the living space and see both my father and redacted on the floor going through their bags looking for stuff they can set out. "I'm going to meet the neighbors I'll be back before dinner." I say making them both turn their heads and nod kind of creepily in sync. My father speaks up "Just don't get into any trouble okay? We can't get a bad rep here or we'll have to move states entirely." I nod and agreement and send a little wave heading out of the front door.

In the hall I see a door with the number 402 on it I think to myself I should knock and interduce myself. I walk up to 402 and gently knock, behind the door I hear a man sigh and unlock it. The door opens and a man with blue hair and sad eyes opens the door, his expression changes to one of confusion as he sets his sights on me, "Uhh hello?" he says in a confused tone. "Hi! I'm y/n l/n I just moved in across the hall and wanted to meet the neighbors." I reply in a cheery tone, sticking out my hand for him to shake, he shakes my hand and introduces himself "I'm Henry Fisher. I was wondering what all that noise was." I smile and laugh awkwardly "Sorry my parents and I can get a little loud sometimes when we move stuff." he nods his head. "You know I have a son around your age, I think you two might get along." he says with a kind tone "Oh cool" I didn't know how to respond to that so I just said cool, I tell him goodbye and head off to see the rest of the apartment complex.

--------(another short time skip)-------

As I finish up with the very strange neighbors, I enter the elevator to go back up. The elevator stops on the second floor and opens for a lady with brown hair and a jumpsuit. She looks at me and smiles "Where are you heading?" I look at her and reply "Uhm apartment 403." she looks back at me and her smile grows wider "Ah so you're Steve and Moth's kid? I've heard a lot about you." I look at her in shock "You know my parents?". She nods and says " I went to school with them for a bit, I'm actually on my way to the fourth floor anyway so I'll stop and say hi." I smile brightly and ask "Do you know Henry Fisher's kid? He said that their around my age so I was curious." she nods and says "If you want to find him he's probably with my son Larry in the basement. I'll give you a keycard to go down there." she reaches in her pocket, pulls out a keycard and hands it to me "Just don't lose this please, it's my copy." I nod in agreement, grabbing the keycard. The elevator stops at the fourth floor and she hops out "OH! My names Lisa by the way!" she says as the door closes. Lisa and Larry, that's funny. I laugh to myself, I look around the elevator to find a place to insert the keycard, I found it and swiped the keycard, the elevator slowly started its descent down toward the basement.

As the elevator makes it's way down, in the distance I can hear what seems to be music getting louder and louder the closer I get. I can't make out what type of music just yet, but maybe once i get down there I'll be able to. The elevator stops and the music is way louder than expected, I can't even hear my own thoughts. The door opens and now I can clearly make out the music, Metal Music.

----------{Authors note}--------

Holy shit that was long. If you've made it this far congrats you got through the first chapter. There hopefully will be more to come. Sorry if this chapter does not fit into the storyline of the game and for the time skips. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Thank you for reading The Masquerade

-Vix