𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟗

-𝑨𝑳𝑬𝑿-

It's been a like 2 months since I last saw Morgan. I missed her. The spark she gave me back was gone again. We just finished the Miami race... race number 5. The second race without Morgan. I had booked a plane ticket for me to go to South Dakota. George gave me her address so I wanted to visit her. I need her in my life. I was already at the airport. I had to take a 2 hour flight from Miami to Rapid city and then a 3 hour drive with a taxi. The plane had been on time and after my luggage claim I took the taxi to the address. George had informed her parents about my stay so they knew I was coming. It was only for 3 days because I had to be at the factory afterwards but still 3 days. I stepped out of the taxi and paid the money before rolling my suitcase over the driveway. I saw a few horses running over the field as I walked about a good kilometer over the driveway before arriving at a big house in the middle. To the right where two houses in front of each other and on the left side as well. I saw a man sitting in front of the house. He stood up and walked towards me.

"Hai. I'm Alex."

"Welcome son. Morgan is in the shed behind the house working on the tractors. Her ex boyfriend is trying to win her back over... do me a favor make sure she's alright. He's an abusive ass but that stubborn girl won't let me get involved."

"Thank you sir."

I gave him a nod as he took my suitcase and bag from me rolling it to one of the other houses. I walked around the house and saw a big shed.

"Can you fuck off already?!"

Morgan's voice was loud as I walked closer to the shed. I walked in and the guy walking towards her was too focused on her to notice me. Morgan was backing away from him in the same pace he walked towards her. His gaze wasn't a friendly one but a possessive almost evil one.

-𝑴𝑶𝑹𝑮𝑨𝑵-

"Stop it Paxton. I don't want you."

"You want me Morgan... don't deny it. You'll realize that eventually."

I walked backwards into someone. I was pulled behind the person in a quick and swift move. When I looked at the back of the person I saw Alex. He was towering over Paxton.

"She said Stop. Respect woman and listen to them."

"Come on we both know woman don't have any use. They're here to please us."

Paxton tried to grab my wrist from behind Alex but Alex grabbed his wrist.

"Don't touch her."

"Or what?"

"Hey sunshine... do me a favor and go get your brothers. I think they'll love to say something."

"I'm going."

I walked out of the shed leaving Alex and Paxton behind together. I ran to my parents house knowing my brothers would be there. I called them and they ran after me we walked back into the shed to find Alex with a bleeding nose. Paxton hit his jaw but Alex didn't hit back.

"The difference between a man and a boy is that a boy fights... a man talks."

Dalton laid a hand on Alex his shoulder making Alex look at him. Dalton nodded at me and Alex looked at me. Alex gently took my hand as my brothers were standing in front of Paxton. I looked at them as Alex gently leaded me out of the shed. I looked at Alex when I couldn't see the four of them.

"Are you alright?"

"Will be."

I took the lead from him and kept holding his hand is I took him to my house. I let him sit down on a chair at my dinning table as I walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a paper towel and handed it to him so he could keep it below his nose. I sighed softly as it was quiet in my house. The only noise coming from my movements in the kitchen.

"Why did you take those punches... you didn't need to do that..."

My voice was soft and gentle as I was taking out an ice pack for his jaw. It must be a little sore after that hit from Paxton.

"What if I didn't? He would have outed it towards you. I couldn't let you take them could I?"

"So you sacrificed yourself for me? You don't even know him Alex."

"I know that. I just can't let people hurt you."

"Why?"

I wrapped the ice pack into a towel as my back was still facing him. I didn't understand this man at all. He just threw himself into some deep shit for no reason.

"You gave me a glimpse of the person I was. I would burn everything down to keep you safe... your sunshine to me in my thundering mind."

I handed him his ice pack and sat down on the chair next to him. Him sitting on the head of the table and me besides him.

"I need you in my life Morgan. The last 2 months have been horrible without you... you were the reason I smiled and I need you. I don't expect you to take your old job back. Hell I wouldn't want you to take it back because it made you unhappy but I want to be with you Morgan. A face time call in the middle of the night. Long flights and jet lag... I want to do it all. I just need to smile and feel happy again... you're the only one who can do that to me."

"Are you saying..."

"Yes Morgan... I'm saying that you're the one to complete me... I'm head over heels for you..."

I was frozen in place as he looked down to the wooden table blade. The ice pack on his jaw and a paper towel below his nose. I could only think about the way he pulled me away from Paxton without a second thought. He told me to get my brothers while he could probably see the rage in Paxton his eyes. He knew what he got himself involved in... I just know he knew that and still he did that... something I wouldn't guess him to do but still he did it. I guess people are full of surprises.

(1084 words)