─── XIAO ; a birthday with you ♡

Start from the beginning

"Yes, but you can never be too careful. Come on, let's go." he replied. He hid his spear away and swiftly stepped out of the room, though you noticed he left his mask on the nightstand.

"Wait for me!" You called out, quickly closing the door behind you as you ran after him.

─── ─── ☆: *. ☽ .* :☆ ─── ───

Soon enough the two of you arrived at Moon Carver's abode. Although it was spring, red and golden leaves still hung from the trees surrounding the area. A small clump of baby-blue flowers growing nearby added a simple pop of color to the autumn-like atmosphere.

You smiled as you noticed the flowers. "Those weren't there the last time I visited this place. It seems Moon Carver has done some gardening."

As soon as you stepped onto the stone pathway, a voice boomed out from the wind. "Who dares to enter the residence of the adeptus Moon Carver?"

Xiao stepped forward and called out calmly, "It is the Conqueror of Demons, as well as the Traveler, Y/N."

There was a sudden flash of golden sparks, and areindeer-like lifeform appeared in front on you. It was Moon Carver. The adeptus stood tall and regal as always, except today there seemed to be an alarmed expression on his face.

"It is not likely for the Conqueror of Demons to show up unexpectedly like this," Moon Carver announced. "Has something important happened?"

Xiao seemed surprised for a fraction of a second, and then returned to his cold, calm demeanor. "No, nothing of the sort. You need not to worry, Moon Carver. Y/N and I are simply here for a visit."

Moon Carver still looked skeptical, so you quickly added, "Xiao is right! We're just here to say hello, since we haven't seen you in a while."

The adeptus seemed to relax as you said that. "Ah. If that is the case, then I humbly welcome you to my abode. By the way... since you're here, why don't we ask Cloud Retainer to host a little get-together?"

You and Xiao looked at each other for a fraction of a second. Xiao looked like he wanted to refuse, but eventually he sighed and said, "Ugh, fine. You can stop staring at me, Y/N, I know how much you want to. Besides, it's rude to refuse."

Moon Carver smiled. "The Conqueror of Demons is finally coming out of his shell, hm? It appears to me that Y/N has quite the positive affect on him."

Xiao blushed and looked away. "N-no, that's not it! ...Well, maybe. Don't tell Cloud Retainer, alright?"

"Tell one what?" A sudden voice said from behind you. You turned around to find the light blue-winged crane adeptus standing tall in the grass.

"Ah! Hello, Cloud Retainer. It was nothing important," you said quickly, waving your hands in front of your face. "We were just talking about, uh... how we'd like you to join us for lunch. Isn't that right, Xiao? Moon Carver?"

The latter seemed to be trying not to laugh. "Yes, yes. Come, Cloud Retainer. Let us prepare food for our guests."

"Why does one have to cook? One is a guest as well, is one not?" Cloud Retainer huffed, but she followed Moon Carver anyway.

You giggled and turned to Xiao, holding his hand. "Come on, we can take a walk while they make lunch."

Xiao cocked his head to the side. "Why? We can just wait here."

"Because I want to spend some time with you, silly! Please, Xiao...?"

"I... fine."

─── ─── ☆: *. ☽ .* :☆ ─── ───