Chapter 1 - Bad Record

A|N: UNEDITED. Just wrote out of whim hahha

....

'Kuya, natapos na dialysis ni mama bumigay na rin si Kuya Harold ng pera para sa kinakailangan. Sana makareply ka.'

Chase silently held his cell phone, showing this message on his screen. It was his younger sister na hindi niya na nakita for 2 years, kasama na ang mga magulang niya. And every message he receives from them will always have that name, which makes him unresponsive.

"Geez, I listened to the weather forecast today but forgot to bring my umbrella," Kaye spoke, staring at the droplets on the wide glass window. The sky was gray, with thick clouds hovering above the whole town to wash out pollution in this first month of May. It was already late in the afternoon but the clouds nullified the mood of the hour.

Kaye turned to the side, "Did you bring an umbrella with you?" she asked.

Tumango naman si Chase habang ipinapasok na ang laptop niya sa kanyang bag. "Mukhang wala ka ng customer na dadating, should I help you close the shop?" he said

"Nope, feeling ko huhupa rin ang ulan. Sayang ang oras kasi minsan may mga teenagers pang nagdadate after class." Kaye said. She was the owner of the small café and Chase was her loyal customer ever since it was founded 2 years ago. They were best friends.

Chase had the same height as Kaye, partially thin due to how slender his arms and legs are. He had soft hair, hanging down from his small head, and his look was completely average but it was the sole reason why people found him strange and unique.

"Magtri-tricyle ka?" tanong ni Kaye, "May pera ka pa ba dyan?"

Chase turned to her, "Mukha na ba talaga akong walang pera?" He said with a plain tone na tinawanan lang ni Kaye.

"Syempre naman, concern lang ako." sagot nito.

Hindi na siya pinansin ni Chase at ibinuklad na ang payong nito, "Babalik ako bukas, my editor will personally check the progress." Sabi nito sa kaibigan bago tinahak ang daan.

Kadalasang nilalakad lang ni Chase ang daan papuntang apartment niya since his place wasn't that far from the café. He was living in a below average apartment but it has accommodated him very well in the past 2 years, hirap na ring makahanap ng lugar na suwak sa budget niya.

The apartment has two floors only and his room was on the second, the rental fee was perfect for his basic need since he only pay for the half and the other was for his college roommate.

He reached the room and when he opened it, a blast of loudspeakers and partying people welcomed him. They filled the living room with confetti and a bottle of beer as they danced to some trending pop music, everyone was screaming. Kaye because this day was his roommate's birthday. He forgot that the guy asked for his permission to hold his 'small' birthday party in their space. Even though the place is cheap, the soundproofing system was good.

He quietly sneaked to the side since everyone gathered in the center dancing and singing loudly, competing with the speakers they had with full volume on. He stepped on mashed cakes, empty bottles, and some weird things but he kept walking forward since he no longer stand the reek of alcohol and cigarettes coming from them.

His room was near their kitchen so when he finally got out of their sight and reached the kitchen space, he heaved a good relief and was about to take his key to his room when his arm was suddenly grabbed and made his body abruptly turn back.

Ang unang nakita niya ay isang malapad na dibdib na konti nalang ay didikit na ito sa dulo ng ilong niya, the guy who grabbed him was tall that Chase have to lift his head to look at him.